account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Learner
Message 91 of 281
Message 91 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Bought a XZ1 compact and sold it a week later. Oreo 8 was terrible on it. Why release a new flasgship Sony Phone with a buggy OS on it? What are these people thinking? So I bought an Iphone

Highlighted
Learner
Message 92 of 281
Message 92 of 281

In my opinion Sony is actually the best company, which take care of users and their OS is really smooth and stable. Of course, there are some issues with Oreo version, and I hope that Sony will fix it soon. Somewhere I read, that someone had the same issue as me, but he had an issue with the car-sound system, so maybe it will be fix. I must say, that Oreo is really good update, only this Bluetooth makes me sad, because I want to play my favourite music on my HiFi system Slightly frowning Face

Rookie
Message 93 of 281
Message 93 of 281

The bluetooth issue can be solved most of the time by unpairing and then  pair it to the device again   as it might be seeing it as a new device 

Learner
Message 94 of 281
Message 94 of 281

I know about it, but it didn't solve it. I tried it many times, but nothing has changed. On 7.1.1 Nougat everything worked excellent. But, Thanks for your response! Slightly smiling Face  

Regular
Message 95 of 281
Message 95 of 281

After the second update 41.3.a.2.24 everything except the alarm and sometimes the camera, is working properly. Battery, apps, speed issues are solved.

Learner
Message 96 of 281
Message 96 of 281

I'm getting the same problems with my XZ since I updated phone. 

Rookie
Message 97 of 281
Message 97 of 281

My Xperia XZ was completely unusable after Oreo update. 

I think Xperia Home + Google home were using too much RAM.

I installed Nova Launcher and now the phone runs smoothly, like brand new. 

I hope this helps others with same issues. 

Visitor
Message 98 of 281
Message 98 of 281

I am about ready to give up on this phone. I've had all the problems you're having except the heating one and now my screen just constantly dims then gets brighter then dims and gets brighter. If you switch adaptive lighting off then you can't see it if you're outside. I've reset the whole phone but I'm tempted just to throw it at the wall most of the time at the moment! 

Learner
Message 99 of 281
Message 99 of 281

Hi m8. Can I ask you if you managed to get your issues with the phone sorted? If so can I ask you what you did to rectify things rather than searching here there & everywhere as my issues are almost exactly the same as yours. I've got the xz premium. Thanks. 

S6
One time poster
Message 100 of 281
Message 100 of 281

Re: Problems after 8.0 oreo update !!!

Translation via Google Translate:

Hello after the last update, the volume of the phone is very low, so much so that if I call with the loudspeaker it sounds the same as talking with the phone in my ear. The music sounds very low, it gets hot, the battery wear is extremely fast without hardly using the phone. Please fix these problems because it is a pity that after an update come back with these problems while before the phone was great.

Hola despues de la ultima actualizacion el volumen del telefono es bajisimo, tanto que si llamo con el altavoz suena igual que hablar con el  telefono en la oreja. La musica suena bajisimo tamb, se calienta, el desgaste de la bateria es extremadamente rapido sin apenas usar el movil. Por favor arreglen estos problemas porque es una pena que despues de una actualizacion vuelvan con estos problemas mientras que antes iva genial el telefonl.