account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Apprentice
Message 71 of 281
Message 71 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Yes, camera is starting so slow, and have many freezes

Apprentice
Message 72 of 281
Message 72 of 281

I ALSO need fast and stable camera app. Can you optimize it? 

Talent
Message 73 of 281
Message 73 of 281

Okay possible fix to those having problems with slow camera app opening

I'll tell you what i found in my phone

1) Opened the camera app

2) Took 3-4 seconds to open then press the back button

3) Open the recent app tab,I saw I've downloaded one camera app 'Horizon' along with camera app for no reason which was causing this delay

4) removed the Horizon app , Opened again the camera app..and it's back to normal

So i suggest you guys to follow n check if something like this is happening with your phone as well or not? Goodluck

Apprentice
Message 74 of 281
Message 74 of 281

I have no any app like Horizon or other, what start parallel with camera.

Camera have issues, freezes and lags in safe mode also.

So i suggest you guys to test phones real life, because 70 percent starts of camera app are VERY SLOW and some time after start is working with freezes

Apprentice
Message 75 of 281
Message 75 of 281

Solve problems those find after update to android 8.0

Hey guys thank you for reading this. 

When phone system update huge like android 7.0 to 7.1.1 or above that change your Android number You should get backup and do factory data reset because by doing this system can match itself with new updates and most of changes can apply to your phone easily. 

Please please please do factory data reset it can fix your phone problem... 😐 

One time poster
Message 76 of 281
Message 76 of 281

That update is not available here yet. Hopefully they will roll it out here soon. 

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 281
Message 77 of 281

I'm just losing vibration - anyone else? 

Apprentice
Message 78 of 281
Message 78 of 281

I am experiencing *most* of the issues you mention here (not finding the audio volume level or WiFi issues you describe)...

The speed of response of apps is still woefully poor (worse than before the Oreo update), and the touchscreen is still ignoring the first two or three attempts to open an app or type the first word into a text box.

I am surprised and disappointed at the performance of my phone after this update... and the worst has to be the battery drain since the update. A phone advertised with 2 days of battery that won't even last a business day is ridiculous. Poor show Sony. I too am now considering a fruit-based alternative for the first time ever... :-(

Highlighted
Learner
Message 79 of 281
Message 79 of 281

Totally,

i am currently thinking about to change from Xperia to iPhone.

I started with the Xperia Mini Pro and used to use all Xperia X and all Z 's ... but after weeks of problems i start to worry about sony.

Adviser
Message 80 of 281
Message 80 of 281

Me too!