account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Rookie
Message 5 of 281
Message 5 of 281

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

HI 

Ive updated my phone yesterday and Ive been experiencing problems witht the phone ever since.  Below are just some problems that I have exprienced, I really hope this info reaches out to someone and the we will get improved version asap!!!  ((( 

1.Battery dies very fast and it seems that charging takes longer than previously. 

2.The phone is heating!! Old problem with heating is back..  

2.the phone is lagging..  works very slowly. also when tapping on icons the phone does not respond from the first or even second or third  tap..  which is really frustrating.  I guess overall resposiveness of the screen and acting weirdly even dragging icons is problematic.  

3.when trying to use some apps like mobile banking or even  simply searching the phone, the keyboard is not appearing and you can not use the app or search the phone.  

4.some apps and widgets do not work properly 

280 REPLIES 280
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 281
Message 1 of 281

Re: Android Oreo8

No, I mean color gamut lol. Seriously though, white balance and image enhancements are there since Xperia z3. What i wish is the color gamut option like that of the xz premium snd xz1 lineup where the screen looks different not just in Sony's album app but in the whole os

One time poster
Message 2 of 281
Message 2 of 281

Xperia XZ Dual Oreo Update PROBLEMS

I updated my XZ to the latest Oreo update almost a day ago, and thus far it works well but there are a few problems that I think needed to be fix.

HOTSPOT KEPT TURNING OFF BY ITSELF

Whenever I turn on the hotspot for my friend to use it with me, it would suddenly just turn off by itself after a certain amount of time even though they are still using it and that the data transfer is happening.

GAME's GRAPHIC DETERIORATING

I played a few games on my XZ, and all on the highest resolution settings and it was running just fine before the latest Oreo update, though if under prolong period of usage the device could get too hot and the phone would start to lag. Now, I have to put it on the lowest settings to ensure that the game itself is playable, lest the graphic would tear itself apart. I had already enlist those games under Gaming in Xperia Actions.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 281
Message 3 of 281

Re: Android 8 Oreo

I can confirm all issues above, and also:

6. The battery drain is real: in the first day of usage after oreo update,  battery performed great but now it's really bad.

7. Adding color gamut option to the display settings: I'm pretty sure this is a software feature and not a hardware-dependent one so please add it coz it's way more useful than and just white balance and image enhancements. 

8. Ram management: the ram average use is 2.5 constantly and just opening four apps will cause reload. Android system uses too much ram. 

9. Clock app needs optimization coz it's kimd of slow and sometimes misbehaves

Now the good points :

1. Performance is fantastic

2. Taken photos' quality actually has improved especially in low light conditions

3. Audio quality has improved especially when using earphone

4.Wifi signalhas significantly improved! 

5.  Quick update!!! 

Adviser
Message 4 of 281
Message 4 of 281

Re: Xperia XZ Dual Oreo Update PROBLEMS

I got the same problem when playing mobile legends game start stuttering and lag, before update the game run flawlessly 

Learner
Message 6 of 281
Message 6 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

My Xperia xz also drains a lot of battery and the phone gets warm in my pocket after updating to Oreo. Hope they release a fix soon

One time poster
Message 7 of 281
Message 7 of 281

I have the same problems and I have a problem with the screen, it flashes, I have to restart the device so that this is solved... 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 281
Message 8 of 281

Based on my experience:

Things that need to be fixed in this update.

1.The notification bar while opening default message app and chrome is of different colour... While for other apps it is of same colour of main title bar

2.New sony clock face must be added to the lockscreen

3.Loop theme must be added

4. Camera app needs to be updated.. 4K Setting is still a separate app..Still the old interface

5. The battery drain is real: in the first day of usage after oreo update,  battery performed great but now it's really bad.

6. Adding color gamut option to the display settings: I'm pretty sure this is a software feature and not a hardware-dependent one so please add it coz it's way more useful than and just white balance and image enhancements. 

7. Ram management: the ram average use is 2.5 constantly and just opening four apps will cause reload. Android system uses too much ram. 

8. Clock app needs optimization coz it's kimd of slow and sometimes misbehaves

Now the good points :

1. Performance is fantastic

2. Taken photos' quality actually has improved especially in low light conditions

3. Audio quality has improved especially when using earphone

4.Wifi signalhas significantly improved! 

5.  Quick update!!!

Emperor
Message 9 of 281
Message 9 of 281

@tanzab @SamiSawani @GhostGladiator @Zergh

Could you repair the phone with XC and report back, it is recommended after a major update to do so. 

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 10 of 281
Message 10 of 281

Re: Android 8 Oreo

In my research,ram problem cause by google feed in xperia home.

Disable google feed,and all woks normally.