account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Poor calling quality on 7.1.1

Veteran
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Poor calling quality on 7.1.1

Hi,
I noticed that after upgrading (?) to 7.1.w the calling quality is so poor that many times I am not able to hear the person on other side completely Slightly frowning Face

I mean the call continue but as I am not able to hear other person I have to close the call and call the person again. 

I was not experiencing it never before 7.1.1 update.
Seems signal strength is weaker.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor calling quality on 7.1.1

@azzido

could you test the phone in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Veteran
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes I can but rather not today as it is quite late and do not want to call anyone now Slightly frowning Face

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have a similar problem, when someone calls me he/she cannot hear me and me neither. I have to end the call and call again, but sometimes I need to repeat this process more than three times and the other person gets so mad about my phone

The mic and earphone are working well because when I can talk at last the quality of call is good. This issue is happening to my phone since I updated to 7.1.1 android version. I have tried everything, such format, repair the software with "sony Companion" tool, youtube tutorials but nothing have worked. I'm waiting for the next update and I hope the android developers realize of this big bug. Slightly frowning Face 👎

Talent
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I don't know if my problem is the same but after nougat 

Whenever i call the other party always have a problem hearing my voice... Tried in safe mode... Even with different Sims.. Same result

Did Sony forgot to optimise the call quality?