account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Pink background in Sony Contacts App

SOLVED
Genius
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Pink background in Sony Contacts App

@Mithunkr i to hate the 'pink' no way to change it, so i downloaded Drupe from the Play store....great customisation & i'm using the 'coal' theme on it, although the app comes with a dialer option you can just get rid of it

One time poster
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Re: Pink background in Sony Contacts App

This is notsolved please tell us how to change the background colour I'm 55. Year old man I don't want pink I never asked from pink get your pink off my phone

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Re: Sony Contacts App

Hi No it does not change background colour Solve it afyer updating to new 7 android its a CRAP! Hate it
One time poster
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Not solved so far. Colour changing by switching the theme is not possible. Please fix it asap.

Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Android 7.1.1 on Sony XPERIA XZ still equiped with ugly pink theme on contacts ribbon. Maybe reset to Android 6 is the only escape! Or buy a mobile from another manufacturer!

Emperor
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@GetRidOfPinkContacts

are you aware that you can download other themes and/or apps? also change brands because of a color seems a bit d...drastic 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Changing themes does not change UGLY pink contacts color. What is so complicated in updating the contacts App? 

@uliwooly wrote:

@GetRidOfPinkContacts

are you aware that you can download other themes and/or apps? also change brands because of a color seems a bit d...drastic 

Regular
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I had this on my Z5 Premium.

Came with the Nugat update and it's horrible.

As well as the pink colour, Sony removed the 'filter contacts with phone number' option.

Ridiculous!

Samsung got the nugat update but kept those features so it's simply down to Sony!

Emperor
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

@GetRidOfPinkContacts @Bri7

Check my reply again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

The problem is that even incoming calls have that damned background color. Could you at least tell us which files and strings to edit within the Contacts application?