account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone pad (T9) text input on XZ

Learner
Message 41 of 57
Message 41 of 57

Re: Phone pad text input on XZ

It's very simple. Only provide the two keyboards, "Swiftkey" and "International Xperia Keyboard", and that each user decides which one to use. We are many that we handle much more efficiently with T9

Learner
Message 42 of 57
Message 42 of 57

Re: Phone pad (T9) text input on XZ

"when I write quickly and efficiently with T9 keybord." Exactly!!! totally agree

Learner
Message 43 of 57
Message 43 of 57

I hope they do so. I'm a Sony lover from the beginning. Although this is a small thing (not for me..) it could be a deal breaker. And if so, I'll be crying because I can't handle changes :-o 

Message 44 of 57
Message 44 of 57

@Chinchu wrote:

Play Store apps do not have predictive T9.

are you sure about that? I've found some that do, Smart Keyboard for example.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 45 of 57
Message 45 of 57

Hi again Everyone, I understand how you feel and please rest assured that I will make sure to forward your user feedback internally!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 46 of 57
Message 46 of 57

I really hope Sony address this. I have had to purchase a t9 keyboard from playstore and am currently trying to teach it words. 

My z5 is superior.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 47 of 57
Message 47 of 57

Hi @NolanD, I understand how you feel. Slightly frowning Face

SwiftKey has written about a T9 layout on their support pages, you may find the page using this link:
https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/articles/201591331-How-to-change-your-keyboard-layout-in-Swift...

In addition to me forwarding user feedback internally, you may also get in touch with SwiftKey directly and suggest a T9 feature as they are the developers of the Keyboard that is preinstalled! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 48 of 57
Message 48 of 57

who do you think you are allowing yourself to judge and insult XZ Premium owners for wanting a feature that's so basic as a T9 keyboard? do you know what's so last century? not having the double tap on/off function? know what else is a major step back? eliminating the magnetic charge feature of the Z3. those two features put the XZ Premium squarely back to the dark ages of Sony innovation. so before you go disparaging Sony XZ Premium users for wanting something as basic and personal as the way they interact with their devices, how about acknowledging that Sony is not interested in improving user experience but instead is blatantly interested in getting more sales. discontinuing the two features above mentioned will only lead to eventual wear and tear on two key features that will render the device useless before it becomes obsolete because Sony won't release further os updates, which is why i had to replace my perfectly functioning Z3 for the XZ Premium. i think that if a customer is willing to drop 700€+ for a smartphone the manufacturer should pay more attention to quality, usability and longevity of the device and the environmental footprint of their product. now that is some forward, next century thinking. there will come a time Sunking101 when some whiper-snapper will try to make you feel inadaquate for not keeping up with the latest feature. when that time comes, i hope you remember this comment and feel the humilliation.

Rookie
Message 49 of 57
Message 49 of 57

what if we don't want to do this? what if we don't want predictive typing or spell correction? now i'm stuck with a device that i hate just 2 days out of the box (and 700€+ later). not to mention no double tap on/off or magnetic charge dock. what's next? no os updates past android 8? this long-time Sony fan and consumer is quite disappointed. looking forward to my new HTC when Sony decides that 700€+ later it won't update past android 8.

Rookie
Message 50 of 57
Message 50 of 57

thank you Don82.

great info!

cheers!