account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

October security patch (41.2.A.7.76) what we know so far

Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: October security patch (41.2.A.7.76) what we know so far

@SamiSawaniyou shouldn't worry about memory usage. Android manages memory in a different way than Windows, i.e. it keeps apps in memory so that you can able to switch quickly between them without unnecessary reloads.

Learner
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

When I updated, the SIM card could not be detected.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Are there any fixes?  I have the Xperia X performance.

Learner
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Me too, My cellular signal become very very weak. I barely receive anything during my day. And it all happens after the update.So Anyone has some idea? I am an XZ (F8331) user using MetroPCS.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

I have been watching this thread to see if there were any problems with the latest software update, after reading posts from those who had done the upgrade it seemed there were no major dramas,as a result of the upgrade. I have the xz(F8331) I updated my software on Saturday and it seemed ok, however when I went to use my phones' camera this morning ,when taking pictures with the image zoomed in ,the camera zoomed in some more as I took the pictures resulting in blurred photos which I had to delete. When taking pictures without the image zoomed it  behaved normally. Has anyone else experienced this yet? I have not changed or altered any of my camera settings, incase anyone is wondering.

One time poster
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

After updating I noticed that the battery was dropping quite fast!

Adept
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

I now have the last update , during the first hour is was a ok and now my phone is again laggy ..

it din't fix it ...

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Hello all, I wonder if 41.2.A.7.35 is OK and I should stick with it. I bought refurbished XZ and the phone already downloaded newer system but I am happy with the current one. Any idea which one is the most stabile (bug free) version?

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

ther is no 41.2.A.7.76 in austria! we are still on 41.2.A.7.65! i hope sony brings an good fix for all our problems soon!

One time poster
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

You't don't miss much because the battery drains after installing the update. Hope the next one will solve the problem

Adept
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

I just want oreo now