account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

October security patch (41.2.A.7.76) what we know so far

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: October security patch (41.2.A.7.76) what we know so far

My battery's quite strong lasting a day and a half, although I rolled back to Marshmallow using flashtool, before installing quite a few OTA updates. The only issue for me is that the touchscreen appears deliberately unresponsive for several seconds upon waking the phone, but then it's fine. 

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

I deactivated Smart-Cleaner, restart and my Phone runs much faster and without lag.

I got more free memory too, 1GB free.

Has someone else this Symthome that Smart-Cleaner makes the Phone slower, and apps crash?

Talent
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Yes Smart cleaner does that.. it's not very well optimised .. and should be kept off

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

I have been having a couple of problems since updating. One didn't start right away however.

A random new page re-direct to the help page for Sony Voice Control keeps opening up Google Chrome. 

http://voicecontrol.sony.net/en/help/index.html?help=smartbandtalk

I'm wondering if there's a conflict between Google Assistant and Voice Control for my Smart Band Talk going on. The page has not been updated in years, so it's not telling me anything new.

I had one of my two SWR30 devices connected recently with no problems. But now it's not connected, that's when the problem started come to think of it. Co-incidence maybe.

I haven't a clue what's going on. Maybe it's related to one of the apps I'm a beta tester for, eg. Xperia Home and Google. 

I've also noticed a persistant problem with my Bluetooth connection switching itself off randomly, even when other devices are connected. I haven't worked out what triggers that. Would that be related?

It would be drastic to do a software repair on my main device due to all the hassle of setting up other stuff again afterwards. 

Adviser
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Sad to hear that, All of the Users have been having so many problems but Sony hasn't been able to Help them, 
for you, I sadly have to say phone reset/repair through companion is the only option I can suggest.

Inhabitant
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Thanks for your support ahmadzkn.

Bluetooth had switched off again when I got up this morning and checked my phone. I'm now wondering if the "Do Not Disturb" I have custom set to 'on" at night is switching Bluetooth off and not turning it on again afterwards. But that can happen at any time during the day too. So, I haven't figured out what triggers that.

I'm going to unsubscribe from all betas first if the problems I'm experiencing persist and do a software repair as a last resort. I'll try and hang on for the November patch before doing that I think though. Just to rule out any possible link with the current October patch.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

I don't know what to do - I just purchased this phone and it has downloaded and "installed" the update 6 times. Every time the phone goes on it does it again. What could be wrong?