account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Nougat Beta Program

Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Nougat Beta Program

Hello,

It is my understanding that Xperia X Performance owners are able to sign up to your Beta Program. Any chance this will be made available for the XZ too?

I used the Concept Marshmallow firmware exclusively on my Z3C since the day it came out and loved the frequent updates, especially once available weekly. I would love to be able to do the same on my XZ.

Cheers,

James
16 REPLIES 16
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Nougat Beta Program

Hi @ducksonetime,

I'm afraid that the program only involves Xperia X Performance (F8131), but the official Nougat software will start rolling during the fourth quarter of 2016. With that, the testers will be upgraded to the official Nougat software along with other users which were not in the test. The beta build does not contain differences from the commercial build, it is simply a form of early access so it is not quite the same as the concept software.

I hope that cleared up your questions, if not - let me know! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Will you guys make the deadline to deliver nougat before October ends, or start rolling out as some rumors suggests?

Regards

Markku
Tele2
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

The announcement was that XZ and X Performance will recieve the Nougat update in October. October is about to end.... Will it be late again?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Hey @PatQQ and @Mackan87!

From what I can see we have not made an official statement regarding Nougat hitting specifically in October. The information I have is that it will start rolling in the fourth quarter, which we are in right now so it should hit shortly! I'm excited for the new features, can't wait to use split screen and the other goodies that Nougat will bring! Smiling Face with Heart-eyes

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Adviser
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

I hope so. I upgraded to the XZ from a Nexus 6P so I've previously been using Nougat as my daily driver for more than 6 months and I'm used to the new features like quick reply and fast switching. I bought the XZ in good faith that it would have Nougat by the end of the year so fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

@Emir

Hi, Can you see this 2 link + picture :

Sony Android Nougat roadmap revealed; Xperia XZ gets update next month

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/09/23/sony-xperia-android-nougat-roadmap-leaks/

Sony Slovakia held a press conference earlier today and also let slip when its Xperia devices would receive the update to Android 7.0 Nougat. According to a Sony slide, the Sony Xperia XZ and X Performance will be the first devices to receive the Android N update in October 2016. The Xperia X and X Compact are expected to follow in November 2016.

https://www.mojandroid.sk/sony-xperia-xz-xperia-x-compact-cena-dostupnost-slovensko/

Adviser
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Around October, it will start rolling out, don't you think emir already answered your question?, doesn't mean everyone will get the update at the same time. It is still carrier dependent, also depends on country as well.
Adviser
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

@Alaa wrote:

@@Emir

Hi, Can you see this 2 link + picture :

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/09/23/sony-xperia-android-nougat-roadmap-leaks/

Sony Slovakia held a press conference earlier today and also let slip when its Xperia devices would receive the update to Android 7.0 Nougat. According to a Sony slide, the Sony Xperia XZ and X Performance will be the first devices to receive the Android N update in October 2016. The Xperia X and X Compact are expected to follow in November 2016.

https://www.mojandroid.sk/sony-xperia-xz-xperia-x-compact-cena-dostupnost-slovensko/

This isn't an official Sony statement, it's just a leak rumour, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi @Alaa,

I'm afraid that I am not familiar with as to what has been communicated on a market base level, but the information we have Globally which I can confirm is that it is the fourth quarter which is the projected roll out time frame. 

With that said, which feature are you looking forward to the most in Nougat? I already revealed mine in the post above. Flushed Face