account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No nfc icon showing up in notification while enabled

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

No nfc icon showing up in notification while enabled

Anyone did notice that? I tried to reset my xz but still not showing up. Compare to my m5 it showing same os mm. It is a bag? Only the blutooh icon they appear
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: No nfc icon showing up in notification while enabled

Hi @nacionmclen,

Just to confirm what @uliwooly and @alexdon already pointed out, this can vary depending on which market the phone is meant for. Some countries and/or operators requires that the NFC symbol is shown in the status bar while some don't.

I had a look at the IMEI numbers for the devices that you have registered on your account. Your Xperia M5 is meant to be sold in Singapore while your new Xperia XZ is meant for the United Arab Emirates so there is most likely different requirements for these two countries.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Enjoy your new Xperia XZ! Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

That's normal. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Why in my m5 its showing the nfc icon, while in xz not showing up. Hmmm
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

That's market related.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/NFC-not-working-on-a-Z5/m-p/1053391#M...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @nacionmclen,

Just to confirm what @uliwooly and @alexdon already pointed out, this can vary depending on which market the phone is meant for. Some countries and/or operators requires that the NFC symbol is shown in the status bar while some don't.

I had a look at the IMEI numbers for the devices that you have registered on your account. Your Xperia M5 is meant to be sold in Singapore while your new Xperia XZ is meant for the United Arab Emirates so there is most likely different requirements for these two countries.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Enjoy your new Xperia XZ! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Nice thanks for the very clear answer now i know. 😊
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

You're welcome! Slightly smiling Face