account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No FM radio?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 61 of 70
Message 61 of 70

Re: No FM radio?

Re No FM Radio

I agree with you that having a radio (I am using Z5) gives me more flexibility. Although, streeming is free with my data plan but radio typically plays the latest music like Triple J in Australia.

So I am using mainly radio or play my own music.

My next phone will need to have a FM radio, so SONY please revise your approach.

Learner
Message 62 of 70
Message 62 of 70

as i know there no fm radio because the T-Mobile、Sprint , AT&T  etc. that they ask manufacturers  remove this  function at the software level, and there has an organization call "Free Radio On My Phone" that success get back the fm radio in some countries.

http://hackaday.com/2016/05/28/free-radio-on-my-phone/

One time poster
Message 63 of 70
Message 63 of 70

Re: Xperia xz no radio

Just got an xperia xz and it doesn't seem to have a fm radio I normally listen to my phone radio all day every day at work, if I'd have known I wouldn't have got this handset. 

Is there a way of getting one (not a radio streaming one) or could it be added in an update 

One time poster
Message 64 of 70
Message 64 of 70

I do not think it has a fm radio and it's such a beautiful love literally this phone. I ask you very much to begging you to put the radio fm back in a future upgrade and there will be nothing missing on this mobile. There are alternatives, of course, but another thanks to the authentic radio from Sony.

One time poster
Message 65 of 70
Message 65 of 70

No fm radio,no Sony,I’ll change my Z5 with a phone of an other company.

One time poster
Message 66 of 70
Message 66 of 70

i will change to LG G5 to get radio i have had z1, ,z3 ,z3+, z5 now zx1 no radio going on ebay i listen everday at work for last 24 year not going to stop noe bye sony 

One time poster
Message 67 of 70
Message 67 of 70

Why xperia xz does not have a radio

Translation via Google Translate:

Why xperia xz does not have a radio

Porque xperia xz no tiene radio

Rookie
Message 68 of 70
Message 68 of 70

Any feedback on this? It's been 2 years! Looking to get a new phone, with an fm player!

One time poster
Message 69 of 70
Message 69 of 70

For me toCrying Face

One time poster
Message 70 of 70
Message 70 of 70

Yes, no FM radio