account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No FM radio?

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 31 of 70
Message 31 of 70

Re: No FM radio?

Uliwooly, the lack of one or more features, also banal as the FM Radio, are a DETERRENT for an user in the choice of its device!

In my opinion, you and Sony, don't understand this and don't understand that the disappointement of the users only favorite other brands! 

It is a SHAME that in 2016 Sony makes devices in plastic! It is a SHAME that there is not FM radio while the X Performance, the same in all aspects, has it! And the examples are more.

These are the facts, I suggest you and Sony to take a look at our disappointement.

Adviser
Message 32 of 70
Message 32 of 70

Was about to switch from my archaic Sony Xperia V to XZ, but, no FM - no switch. I'll just keep using my old V.

Message 33 of 70
Message 33 of 70

I just bought it and was unfortunate to know this model doesn't have any fm((( maybe someone have any information if the company plans to add it back with next software update?
Commissioner
Message 34 of 70
Message 34 of 70

Wow, people still listen to FM radio. I know the audio quality is good but the radio stations play nothing but garbage these days.
Message 35 of 70
Message 35 of 70

You will be surprised how many still do)
Veteran
Message 36 of 70
Message 36 of 70

There are stations that do not play music only but has interesting programs, interviews etc. as well...

I would recommend Sony to improve the quality of radio antenna instead of removing the feature :/
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 37 of 70
Message 37 of 70

Why?
Message 38 of 70
Message 38 of 70

Where has the FM radio gone on my ZX! 1

Really disappointed that my FM radio has gone on my ZX... Always used wired headphones.

Adviser
Message 39 of 70
Message 39 of 70

Re: Where has the FM radio gone on my ZX!

It seems could be because of an issue between radio fm and google now...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/04/14/fm-radio-added-to-latest-concept-marshmallow-firmware-mmb29v-z1...

I would preffer to trash all the google stuff and recover my fm radio app

Visitor
Message 40 of 70
Message 40 of 70

Re: Where has the FM radio gone on my ZX!

Sony did all the right things with Xperia XZ but did a blunder to remove FM radio Slightly frowning Face

I was so much impressed to buy this and come back to Sony but this is a deal breaker. Sony, please note this, you are loosing lot of your potential customers due to this. Please see if you can include FM in future XZ phones. I am disheartened by this move of yours as this phone had everything i and most of user look for but no FM radio is a deal braker for me...

@DRubio wrote:

It seems could be because of an issue between radio fm and google now...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/04/14/fm-radio-added-to-latest-concept-marshmallow-firmware-mmb29v-z1...

I would preffer to trash all the google stuff and recover my fm radio app