account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NFC icon on the top bar

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

NFC icon on the top bar

I've noticed that when I turn on nfc there's no icon on the top bar that indicate that it's turned on. Is that normal? Usually there's an icon besides the wifi, network, and battery icons
3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: NFC icon on the top bar

Hi @isbesheer,

There is not necessarily a icon for NFC in the system icon field on the top of the screen. It depends on what customization you have in your device.

Let me know if have any other question!Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Can you please clarify what you mean by: "It depends on what customization you have in your device"?
What exactly are the settings or the customizations that I should have on my phone to have a NFC notification icon in the system icons field?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

There are different customizations of Android depending on what market you device is sold to and if the unit is branded by a network operator. I'm afraid I don't have any information about what customizations have what system icons.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.