account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

Forum Legend
Message 51 of 53
Message 51 of 53

Re: Missing Z camera features: Multi-camera, Face In

yes, moving to other brands may seem be an option not until you get the glimpse of what they are removing in their units as well.

sony wasn't the only one removing features of a device, it was other OEMs that first removed say like :

S7: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/s7-edge-missing-features-t3388070

http://pocketnow.com/2016/03/02/galaxy-s7-missing-features-pocketnow-daily

apple and moto Z: no headphone jack

nexus devices  didn't even get to have google assistant like the pixel does.

before the discontinuation of the Z series,. it was announced that the X series would be focusing more on streamlining the software that matters most to general user, (so if you are not a general user , like me, this would be disappointing but most people who buy these phone should have done thorough research )

I am not being a fan boy here, I wasn't even a sony fan before, but seing the eccentricity of other oems on their devices sony xperia seems to be a bit more stable in handling upgrades and adding or removing features.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Emperor
Message 52 of 53
Message 52 of 53

Re: Missing Z camera features: Multi-camera, Face In

@nolramlb

That's true, it just takes a look at other brand's forums to see similar posts, that they want to move to another brand, assuming that the grass is greener, but it might not be the case, I think Sony has done a great job with the latest Xperias, that doesn't mean that they are perfect.

@Nuno-sf 

You are correct to expect nothing but the best from Sony, this camera was not advertised to be compatible/available for this model, I think it'll be better to post it as a request to bring it to more Xperias and Android versions. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Xzs
Adviser
Message 53 of 53
Message 53 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

After update to nougat 7.0:
Problems with fingerprintscanner, sometimes it dont read finger at all,(you get directly to input pin) and for the most part it is very slow at reading and unlocking phone. NO problem with marshmallow.

Landscape mode on display stop working. You have to get into settings and toogle autorotate off and on to get it working again. The funktion crashes randomly.

Very bad multitasking. Apps in background reloads when you go back to them after a few minutes.

Camera start up are slow and snapping a picture is right back at z3 and z5 performance (very slow) Focus is not great either 😕

Bluetooth audio dont work with some devices. (for exempel Marantz AV receivers) The audio is scrambled and stutters. This bug starten with Marshmallow update on Z-devices ages ago. Can you please fix this once and for all? No problem with my wifes S5 or the kids Samsung tab4's. My 5 year old Motorola even produce great sound over BT to the devices that Sony dont.

I also miss the small apps feature and the screenrecord function, but as it is removed partly because of Google, there is no reason to put energy into that, i focus on what i could demand/expect on a costly premium flagship like my XZ, the darn thing should atleast work with its factory apps 👎😢