account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

Visitor
Message 41 of 53
Message 41 of 53

I have some negative review about Xperia XZ and also continue the Z series next year

Sony are you kidding me you all discontinue the Z series and introduce this X series which doesn't come with 4K video camera feature, Screen Recording, Small apps which is included in Z series but not X series and last time XZ was suppose to be Z6 which you all don't want to call it and next year no Z series too? I hope you guys continue the series Z series (January to June) and X series (July to December). Angry Face

Message 42 of 53
Message 42 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

XZ does have 4k recording though..

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 43 of 53
Message 43 of 53

XZ missing a lot of features

firstly, there's no more screen recording function. secondly there's no more small apps. and lastly, xz Android 7.0 loses otg function. i did tried otg on the Android 6.0 and it works just fine. this nougat update doesnt support otg as it always select 'supplying power to the usb attached' which I'm unable to select other options
Emperor
Message 44 of 53
Message 44 of 53

Re: XZ missing a lot of features

@Aswad

I agree with you on this, it'll be nice to have an integrated screen recording app but there are great options on the playstore, embrace Android

Small apps: that's a Google restriction 

Do elaborate

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 45 of 53
Message 45 of 53

Otg works fine on 7.0
Connect USB and select detect USB from quick menu

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 46 of 53
Message 46 of 53

Missing features in XZ since Android 7.0 update

Hi!

Where is the wifi direct option?

This option is missed too?

Return to the next update?

Regards,

TJ.

One time poster
Message 47 of 53
Message 47 of 53

Hello Xperia users, why there are only screenshot option by long pressing the power button ? Did Sony will restore that option ?
I'm really desappointed, come on Sony, make us dream like before.
Inhabitant
Message 48 of 53
Message 48 of 53

Missing Z camera features: Multi-camera, Face In

In Z3 I had these Xperia camera apps:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/tag/multi-camera/

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/tag/face-in/

In XZ they seem to be missing.

Are they going to migrate for XZ or should we add them to the list of missing Z features?

It’s sad to be counting missing features on the "flagship" device, we should be discovering new features and improvements.

Emperor
Message 49 of 53
Message 49 of 53

Re: Missing Z camera features: Multi-camera, Face In

@Nuno-sf

I understand that you liked those cameras but

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/09/26/introducing-our-latest-sony-camera-apps-for-xperia-z3-and-z3-...

Introducing our latest Sony Camera apps for Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact  

Also, those apps were released before the camera 2.0 but why don't you contact Sony directly regarding this. Keep in mind that the Xperia XZ was not advertized with such cameras. But, you have an android device, embrace the playstore

Android-be-togather-but-not-the-same.png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 50 of 53
Message 50 of 53

Re: Missing Z camera features: Multi-camera, Face In

Hi uliwooly,

I have two Android smartphones, a Z3 to sell and a new XZ missing lots of Z3 features, as the lack of these two camera apps.

This forum is moderated by Sony, so this might be a good place to discuss this issues.

There are several missing Z features or features changed for worst in XZ.

We should be discovering new functionalities and improvements, not counting missing Z features. In several aspects, we are moving back to models before Xperia Z. Other brands are moving forward copying Sony features like waterproof and good cameras.

Unfortunately, for sound and vision fans it’s now easier to move to other brands.