account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

Commissioner
Message 21 of 53
Message 21 of 53

Re: Missing small apps

Lets extrapilate. Google doesn't want smart apps, aka floating apps over the android UI.... But isn't Facebook Messanger a floaty? So why can't a calculator be a floaty?

Emperor
Message 22 of 53
Message 22 of 53

I know that you are a Sony user but your complaints are towards Google/Android. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 23 of 53
Message 23 of 53

Sorry, the complaints are about Sony too. 

As reported before, Facebook Messenger is also a floating app, but Google allows it. So, why Facebooh Messenger yes and Sony's small apps not? 

Adviser
Message 24 of 53
Message 24 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5

#2 what is the  AR Mask camera app for?

Adviser
Message 25 of 53
Message 25 of 53

Nobody said nothing about FM radio, which is strange. I use it quite often and was about to buy XZ, but as soon as I knew there is no FM in it, no small apps I've decided not to.

Veteran
Message 26 of 53
Message 26 of 53

I agree, this is a Sony fault not to include small apps. They've taken away too many things with XZ like small apps, Radio or even widgets (where is Stamina widget? / Lockscreen widgets?).

Due to above + too stock launcher + 3GB of RAM if it will be like this for February device I will be skipping it. I am really sorry but nowadays for such a price I would expect more especially in software division. The only chabge is UI is the lockscreen animation? Really? If I would like to have stock Android I would pick a pixel...

Also I gave them a trust and my money this time, but I think the bezels are bit too big now, the top and bottom ones. I like to have bezels as it is more comfortable to handle the phone horizontally, but now they are just too big. They should include a 5.5" screen in such a body. But no 5.5" Xperia this time.

I really would like to see new, bigger, even 5.7" flagship device from Sony.

Meanwhile let us see what changes the future software updates will bring to XZ, they mentioned Android N for XZ in October. 1 week. Awaiting it.
Commissioner
Message 27 of 53
Message 27 of 53

The bezels hide the quite excellent speakers. Lose the bezels, lose the speakers. Your other points are reasonable though.
Veteran
Message 28 of 53
Message 28 of 53

Cannot agree rhe speakers are good.S7 has only one speaker and still produce louder and richer sound + it is waterproof as well, so? Many tests prove it the volume is better on S7 and HTC10 etc... So basically these 2 in XZ are preety poor. Considering we have 2 speakers and so much place was used to mount it as you are saying, then XZ should be much louder with better quality sound.

Unfortunately this is opposite... Just bad cheap speakers was used.
Veteran
Message 29 of 53
Message 29 of 53

And you should also consider this is not first Xperia with stereo speakers, somehow bezels was smaller in the past. So?
Commissioner
Message 30 of 53
Message 30 of 53

The speakers are much richer and less tinny than the speaker in the S7. I put audio quality before volume.