account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

Commissioner
Message 11 of 53
Message 11 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5

"As Google defines it" Sony's STAMINA Mode has changed and 'white list' apps has been removed, having to conform to Google's Marshmallow 6.0 terms and agreement. How is Sony going to compete with it's signature tricks and features if it's just like every other Android phone? For example the reason why to keep White listing while your screen is off; You can leave an app running your screen is off i.e. Pokémon GO!, Location Dating Apps. It's total bull-crap Google making Sony bend over to fit it's "privacy policy."

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/06/sonys-stamina-mode-has-returned-but-its-not-the-same.html

Japan use to be 20 years ahead of American on cell phones technolgy and use. Now Google is holding them back. To think how long it took use to start using gif emojis.

Sincerely,

pressefr

Commissioner
Message 12 of 53
Message 12 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5

Dear pressefr,

I totally agree with you and with me a lot of users agree with yor though.

Every brand personalize very much Android stock to differenziate it from it and other brands; let see Samsung, LG and many others. Sony, with it's X series, has done the opposite, has deleted a lot it's proper features like small apps and the other explained over!

So, Sony with its UI is become a second Android stock and it is slave of Google, and I'm very sad to see this! Sony has lost its personality and the fantastic features that has invented!

Small apps, for example, are totally different to split screen and Google can't obligate Sony to delete this feature! We want much more differentiation from Android stock that is horrible!

Emperor
Message 13 of 53
Message 13 of 53

Re: Missing small apps

Indeed they have been removed, but it wasn't because of internal storage. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X/Where-is-mini-apps/m-p/1129559#U1129559

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 14 of 53
Message 14 of 53

So, Google decides for everyone and all brands are slave of it???

In this way there will be not personalization in the future, there will not brands' proper features and Sony UI will be always more Android stock.

The next step what will be? Delete all 3 part apps like Album, Video etc? 

I never will be slave of Google and if Sony will continue in this way, I will switch to Apple securly.

Bad, very bad...!

Emperor
Message 15 of 53
Message 15 of 53

Google control Android, and anyone that want to use Google services and the playstore has to comply with Google's rules, that's how it works. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 16 of 53
Message 16 of 53

Google over reach.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 17 of 53
Message 17 of 53

In a sense they are trying to give us, users, a more similar experience with Android, but it could back fire. 

Commissioner
Message 18 of 53
Message 18 of 53

These "rules" destroy the OEMs because destroy the only thing that create differenziation between they, the personalization.

So, definetly, in the future there will be devices of different brands pratically equals! Only Samsung save itself from these patetic "rules" through its TouchWiz but, if the way is this, I thing will be deleted also it.

If these are the rules, why Samsung has a proper option to create a small app, equal to Sony, of every app? :/

The only differentiation of camera sensor is to less for me, I don't want a Pixel device with different sensor. So, between a Sony Pixel and iPhone, I'll choose the second and for photos I'll buy a Sony alpha.

Google is destroying Sony Mobile stealing its ideas like STAMINA and will destroy all other OEM to dominates over all.

I'll never be slave of Google and I'm very displease for Sony.

Emperor
Message 19 of 53
Message 19 of 53

Don't confuse a launcher with small apps, I understand your frustration BUT you SHOULD post on Android's forum so the developers see/read it, maybe other users will follow you, not just Sony users and maybe just maybe it will change. 

Commissioner
Message 20 of 53
Message 20 of 53

I didn't have never told about launchers, I think you have not read well my comment :/

I'm a Sony user, so I post here that is the forum dedicated to Sony users and devices.

Mine is not frustration, is totally disappointment and displease about Sony not only for it's UI Android stock now, but also for the step back about the quality of its products in term of materials.

My disappointement is the same of many other users, take a look!