account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 53
Message 1 of 53

Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5 And Problems in Android 7.0 update

I am a big and very old user of Sony devices, my devices are (Xperia Arc, Z, Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5) and now XZ

But I really sad after see that there are some feature missing in XZ as compare to Z5
I don’t know what happened to Sony, they said XZ is the next flagship device of Sony if it is then where are these features

1- Screen Record:

If we press and hold power button then power menu popup where we find the options of Power off , reboot, take screen shorts and record screen in Z5, But there is no feature in XZ to record screen
Please include this feature in Xperia XZ in next update.

2- Small apps

Small apps in recent taskbar are missing, please include this feature in Xperia XZ in next update.

Problems in Android 7.0 update

I update my phone to android 7.0 with factory reset
and after using it many days I found these errors in 7.0 update that seriously need to be fix

1- Fingerprint scanner :
Some time finger print scanner does not work properly, in 6.0.1 marshmallow I never face this kind of issue. I also try to clean up my sensor so many times and completely wash my fingers but result is same. please report this to developers.

2- Loud speaker volume :
As compare to 6.0.1 marshmallow firmware the loud speaker volume is low in 7.0 update.

3- Main Camera resolution for third party camera apps :
One thing that I missing in Android 6.0.1 and 7.0 update is Higher resolution (23 Megapixels ) support in third party camera apps.
I tried so many third party camera apps all give me 8.3 Megapixel resolution for main camera instead of 23 Megapixels, same thing I was facing previously in my Z5.
Please Sony please remove this limitation for third party camera apps.

4- After restart the phone, Quick panel toggles position reset itself.

52 REPLIES 52
Message 2 of 53
Message 2 of 53

Re: Missing features in XZ as compare to Z5

Number 2, is it not in the first page of audio options under accessory settings?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 53
Message 3 of 53

Hi @Zohaib0001,

Sorry to hear that you are missing some features in Xperia XZ.

As @viridis suspected, audio optimization is still available but has been moved to Settings > Sound & notification > Accessory settings.

Screen recording has been removed in the Xperia X series. I can forward this as user feedback though there are apps available in Google Play that allows you to record the screen if you find yourself needing to do so.

Small apps is no longer available in the Xperia X series. This is according to the specification, and how Google has defined it.

I do currently not have any information on whether or not AR Masks will be made available for Xperia XZ but I can forward this as user feedback as well.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 53
Message 4 of 53

Thanks

Learner
Message 5 of 53
Message 5 of 53

You mean Google has taken away the awesome tiny calculator, stopwatch and note app? Can't you just bring it back? 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 53
Message 6 of 53

Google wants the split-screen feature to be used, so that probably turned small apps to a redundant feature.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 53
Message 7 of 53

The spiltscreen has not minimally the functionality of the small apps!

The splitscreen divides in two parts the screen while the small apps run in small square over the current screen.

It's a shame that Sony had delete the small apps, a very great feature appreciated to all users, business ones especially, and most useful. 

Commissioner
Message 8 of 53
Message 8 of 53

Missing small apps

The new Xperia XZ has not one of the best Sony's mobile feature, the small apps!

Google has introdeced the split screen that is a different feature respect the small apps, so why Sony has deleted this great feature, most useful espacially in business sector?

I'm looking tfor buy the Xz, but the lacks respect the Z5 are enormous!

If I want a not personalized device, I can buy a Goggle Pixel :/

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 9 of 53
Message 9 of 53

Re: Missing small apps

They took out small apps out of the mid-range X-series (XA, XA Ultra). I thought they did it because there was so little internal space of 16GB. I'm can't believe the took it out for the flagship phone. My favorite features was the calculator and the mini mirror. I would like to see small apps come back too!

I rather see layers of features be added to the Sony-lines and not taken as majority of the users are previous owners, no need to "Stream Line" because then we're back to zero of a flip phone vs. a smartphone.

Sincerely,

pressefr

Commissioner
Message 10 of 53
Message 10 of 53

Another feature that is missing is quick "Do Not Disturb" for a duration of by hours when you volume rocker down. It use to be Vibrate, Silent, and duration option would pop up. Now you have to go to drop down window click Do Not Disturb icon and apply select duration.

This seems counter-intuitive, especially those moments when you're in a meeting and your phone goes off. You slience it down down, and then you just get virbate only... It's much better to see the duration and calculate how long you're in the meeting for, therefore the phone will automaticly turn back on and not miss any text or calls.

I'm a kinda of person that just totally forgets it's on silent for several hours and miss imporant messages.

Screenshot_2016-10-17-08-44-04[1].png

Sincerely,

pressefr