account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Main App button moved away in Oreo update

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Main App button moved away in Oreo update

Hello guys I have a minor problem with the update. The main App icon was moved three panes to the right of the screen. I had to swipe the pane that got it to the left before I can use it to go to the apps list. I tried moving it to other panes but it won't budge from the pane it is located. Can someone give me a solution to this issue.? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Main App button moved away in Oreo update

@trashcan

Try the suggestion I gave you in my previous post.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

6 REPLIES 6
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Screenshot_20171210-115043.pngMain App icon located on the far side of the screen

I have difficulty moving it previously to the original place during the Nougat update. 

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@trashcan

Move it down in the same pane, to the area below the page counter and G symbol. This area is shared between all panes.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi Questor, I want to move it where it was originally located 2 panes to the left in the screen shot below. Screenshot_20171210-151255.pngIt was supposed to be located here in the Nougat version.

I want to return that main App icon here.  

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@trashcan

Try the suggestion I gave you in my previous post.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

So, what you really meant was to move below the G, as what I did previously was moving it sideways to the other panes.. Anyway it worked.. Thanks Questor.. 

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@trashcan

No problem, glad we could help.