account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Lowest Battery juice level for Xperia xz

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Lowest Battery juice level for Xperia xz

Merry Christmas guys.. I have a question, what is the lowest battery juice level that is normally attainable by the xz before its considered fully spent..?
I read from some members here that they were able to reach 5-10%.Mine just stop at 15,and it" cries" for recharge? Does it mean my xz battery is defective.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Lowest Battery juice level for Xperia xz

The battery has an inbuilt safety mechanism to stop it fully discharging. Even when your phone switches off at 1% the battery is still safe. I bought my phone to use and if I charged it at 50% then I would last me half the day. 100-50% is half a discharge and 100-0% is a full discharge. Your battery has a finite number of charge cycles and the runtime will get shorter eventually, but phone batteries are good for the life of the average phone contract of 2 years.
6 REPLIES 6
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Mine goes to 1% and then dies.
What you're experiencing is the low battery warning that you get at 15% and then again at 5%. It's there to assist you and let you know that you're about to run out of juice soon.
Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hmm . thanks Sunking101. . May I know at what level you often recharge it..?
Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It depends where I am. Often I get to 5/10%, sometimes 30%.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hmmm... Okey.. But if f you let the battery juice get depleted below 15% the light turns orange(?).. Its a warning sign that you need to recharge.. Will it not Accelerate battery degradation if it's done regularly. That you wait for it to reach 5-10 % before you charge it..?
If it's okay that battery is unaffected I will be doing it then..?
Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The battery has an inbuilt safety mechanism to stop it fully discharging. Even when your phone switches off at 1% the battery is still safe. I bought my phone to use and if I charged it at 50% then I would last me half the day. 100-50% is half a discharge and 100-0% is a full discharge. Your battery has a finite number of charge cycles and the runtime will get shorter eventually, but phone batteries are good for the life of the average phone contract of 2 years.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you Sunking101. (Y)