account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Low wifi and mobile data signal

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Low wifi and mobile data signal

Hi there I got my Xperia XZ today and have updated it to the latest software. For some reason it can't get a strong wifi or mobile data signal whereas my old nexus 6p didn't have any problems with either. I have tried all different settings out of 4g/3g/2g but I'm pretty much only getting 1-2 bars on mobile data.

My battery is draining really fast and I believe it is because it is struggling to keep a strong connection, what can I do to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Low wifi and mobile data signal

About battery draining, it's possibly due to background operations/synchronizations since it's a device just put to work and is probably syncing with your Google account data / apps data on cloud servers. Also, it will take a few days for the battery to achieve it's proper charge/discharge capacity.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @JP93, just found that you had created this topic. Slightly smiling Face

As I suggested in another reply to you, since you have another device that you are comparing with it would be interesting to know how strong the signal strength is and how it compares to the other device.

The signal strength can be seen in Settings > About phone > Status > SIM status.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I come from a first generation Z to now XZ,

obviously both wifi and mobile data signal is weaker on the XZ