account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than 3 hours of on screen time after Oreo update.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Less than 3 hours of on screen time after Oreo update.

I've had my Xperia XZ since Feb '17 and I love my phone. The huge flaw is the screen on time. I can't get over 3 hours! I don't know what the standard screen time is for an android but it's such a disappointing aspect of the phone. Maybe I got a faulty unit or it's been the last few mayor updates (Nougat 7.0-7.1 & Oreo 8.0) but now I have to charge my phone up to 2 times a day! After the Oreo update, my phone has been lagging and is warm constantly. I thought the December security patch update would help with this issue and it was fine the first day. Now, the battery is draining fast and it's lagging again. I noticed "Android System" has the most percentage of battery usage since the Oreo update. Any ideas as to why? Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Screenshot_20171214-200551.pngScreenshot_20171214-200558.pngScreenshot_20171214-200602.png

4 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Less than 3 hours of on screen time after Oreo update.

I'm facing the same issue, but I was able to reduce the draining by doing these steps:

- Activating Data Saver in the Settings (Network > Data Usage > Data Saver) 

- Deactivating Battery Saver

- Restricting the background activity of as many apps I was able to in the battery settings (Settings > Battery > Advanced > Tap the slider) !also for Android System!

In addition I've installed AccuBattery to monitor the battery drainage. I get about 3:30h of Sot now, still a joke in comparison to my old Xperia Z1 or other smartphones. Idle drain is about 2%/h

Hope it helps yousmile happy 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

My XZ is 14 months old and still on Marshmallow. I get less runtime than I used to because the battery is worn but I still regularly get 5-7 hours of SOT.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have a 11 month old Xperia XZ. I usually get 2 hours sot with all apps restricted, greenify and Accubattery. I've also sent the phone to be repaired as before the oreo update i was getting 1 hour sot. They apparently tested it and told me there was nothing wrong. 

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Can someone please speak to this "Phone Idle" battery drain please? I've attached screenshots of what's going on. This is definitely not meant to happen. The screen should be taking all the battery, not the phone idling. 

Screenshot_20180125-192214.png

Screenshot_20180125-192151.png