account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

January patch reviews

Adviser
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: January patch reviews

Is it possible that the effect of the update might differ from device to another!!!

For example. 

1-Battery is discharging faster then before, mean it becomes worse. 

2- im not able to use the camera more than approximately 1 minute since it raises the temperature of device, i was not suffering from this before. 

3- multitasking is not an option since it involves slowing down the device. 

Im not sure of those updates, i missed my XZ  that i bought a year ago. 

Commissioner
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

I noticed minimal improvement in battery life. There is slight improvement in RAM usage.. Well there is lesson learned here. When you buy underpowered Sony Xperia regardless if it's a flagship, NEVER UPDATE IT to the next Iteration of software.. This XZ us optimized for Nougat but not for Oreo. I also believe that those current, XZ1, XZ Premium are optimized for Oreo.The next iteration called Popsicle deserves a more powerful hardware as well. 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

@trashcan wrote:

I noticed minimal improvement in battery life. There is slight improvement in RAM usage.. Well there is lesson learned here. When you buy underpowered Sony Xperia regardless if it's a flagship, NEVER UPDATE IT to the next Iteration of software.. This XZ us optimized for Nougat but not for Oreo. I also believe that those current, XZ1, XZ Premium are optimized for Oreo.The next iteration called Popsicle deserves a more powerful hardware as well. 

Those 2017 Xperia flagship phones versions will likely have problems with Popsicle OS.. 

One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

I have the same problems too