account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

It's time to make Sony aware of the XZ 7.1.1 update bugs

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

It's time to make Sony aware of the XZ 7.1.1 update bugs

While I assume they are aware, given the USA and Japan versions still left on 7.0, when Sony USA is typically early to push updates, I think its time to take to Facebook and send messages to each Sony MObile page per territory and get our voices heard. Unless we each make our voices heard, there's no guarantee help is on the way.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: It's time to make Sony aware of the XZ 7.1.1 update bugs

Totally agree. They need to address this ASAP and make an official apology to all users like us. They should learn from this and do better next time.

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Did that already on the French Twitter account and the global one

They doesn't seem to care that much

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

argee. There is a problem for months already when N7.1 update start over the world.
And you cannot get back to old ver.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The XZ has been problematic for 7 months or more! The phone is not far off a year old, it is no longer Sony's flagship and quite frankly I don't see it ever improving in performance now. If a phone isn't fixed in the first few months you can pretty much give up on it. Sadly the XZ wasn't meant for Nougat, itself a problematic Google release. The best people can do is to use their PC to install Marshmallow again. The XZ absolutely flies on MM.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Same problem here in australia, 2 of my friends also have the same problem. All 3 xz are so slow and frozen all the time even after the current update. It was not like this few months ago.