account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Impossible to remove autocorrect from Swiftkey keyboard?

Enthusiast
Message 31 of 45
Message 31 of 45

Predictive Text on Sony XZ

I have searched google to no luck, since acquiring my xz phone  messenger ( the app ) is using predictive text, I cant find how to turn this off, can someone please help me. Thanx in advance

Forum Legend
Message 32 of 45
Message 32 of 45

Re: Predictive Text on Sony XZ

settings>language and input>swiftkey keyboard>typing>typing and autocorrect>disable auto correct

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 33 of 45
Message 33 of 45

New Xperia, new problems - Predictive Text - how do I disable...

I've got the new XZ - I have been a Sony customer for years, I've had the **bleep**ty phones and the good ones - although my last 2 Xperia's have all suffered from a cracked screen a month or two away from finishing my contract so I've had to take out a new one each time.

So I now have the XZ, I'm finding it difficult to like it at the moment. For starters, I'm English, I want a simple QWERTY keyboard like on my Z5 one which I can disable predictive text etc.

This thing is changing a lot of my words and it's getting right on my 10 bobs, how do I disable this SHUT application?

Also, the only keyboards available, Japanese, Chinese, Google Voice Typing and the Swiftkey, what happens if I don't want to use any of these FLECKING things, I'm FUNKED aren't I?

Talent
Message 34 of 45
Message 34 of 45

Re: New Xperia, new problems - Predictive Text - how do I disable...

type on google 

Xperia keyboard apk mirror ... Download the stock or say original Xperia keyboard as an apk file 

and leave Swiftkey ... its very irritating .. you can't disable auto predict completely 

Commissioner
Message 35 of 45
Message 35 of 45

Re: Impossible to remove autocorrect from Swiftkey keyboard?

@Wallerooni

See page 2 of this very thread for the link to download the Xperia keyboard.

Regular
Message 36 of 45
Message 36 of 45

Just bought the XZ, and got back to Sony after 2 years with Samsung. well, Also dislike the swiftkey. It says its customable in every way. 

LIke the skin options in SWIFTKEY, but cant find a 3X4 ( abc) layout, for portrait mode. I `m old school,, and like that input method best. 

Is there a way to get 3x4 in swift? 

Tnx

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 45
Message 37 of 45

Only good thing on SwiftKey keyboard are gestures like swipe from right to left for deleting... I don't use themes.

Everything else is crap.

Xperia keyboard is much better especially in accuracy when typing.

And you can turn off automatic space. Can you do this on SwiftKey keyboard? No. This is not automatic space because it gives you space after every word correction or end of sentence. You can't log on some sites in Crome if you don't delete space at the end of username when you tipe with SwiftKey keyboard. Same thing when you search city on some weather apps. No city. Frustrating. I don't need automatic space after word correction!

Xperia keyboard is the best keyboard I use.

Visitor
Message 38 of 45
Message 38 of 45

Hi. 

I downloaded the Xperia keyboard (thank you Sunking) but I still cannot turn off predictive text, any suggestions?

This is the main reason why I don't like swiftkey keyboard and it's quite annoying... 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 39 of 45
Message 39 of 45

Go to keyboard Settings==>Word Suggestions==>I don't want any help when writing,not even Suggestions

Visitor
Message 40 of 45
Message 40 of 45

Oh, wow... I was actually in that menu couple of times but didn't even see there are options listed. Thank you! Slightly smiling Face