account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

Visitor
Message 1 of 28
1,729 Views
Message 1 of 28

I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

Battery Care is useful.

 

but sometime I need walkup more early to work.

 

I think mybe Battery care can link with Alarm Clock or add schedule functional?

 

 

27 REPLIES 27
Commissioner
Message 2 of 28
1,723 Views
Message 2 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

Yes it's stupid if if doesn't have a schedule. We should be able to type in a time that we want to disconnect the charger.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 28
1,708 Views
Message 3 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

Hi @MEJIREX,

 

I'm glad to hear that you are finding Battery Care useful. I will forward your feedback about it. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff


If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 28
1,725 Views
Message 4 of 28

Battery care - how it works?

Hi guys, i know that the xperia xz has a great technology called "battery care", which "learns" how the phone is charged from midnight to the following day's morning when i sleep. I just wonder is it necessary to START AND FINISH CHARGING at the same time everyday to activate it , or i just need to FINISH CHARGING at the same time everyday. For example, do i have to charge from 10 p.m to 7 a.m everyday or i only have to finish charging at 7 a.m, while I can starting charging anytime? 

 

Secondly, how long does it take the phone to "learn" this feature? i have force it to follow the schedule some days but it still doesn't work. How will it notice to me if it is activated? 

 

If i don't charge at that same time for a long time, will the phone "remember" that charging time so that it can save the battery again when I reactivate the feature? 

 

Thanks a lot. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 28
1,716 Views
Message 5 of 28

Re: Battery care - how it works?

You can charge it anytime and it takes 1-2 weeks 




"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 6 of 28
1,712 Views
Message 6 of 28

Re: Battery care - how it works?

It would be a lot better if we could just have a timer. If we know the phone takes 1.5hrs to charge then we could subtract this from the time we intend to get up the following morning. This Sony system is flawed unless people get up at the same time every single day.

Veteran
Message 7 of 28
1,704 Views
Message 7 of 28

Re: Battery care - how it works?

No, it knows the time when you will get up as you are setting the alarm in your phone. If you will set alarm at 7 AM it will charge the battery to 90% only and remaining 10% will charge just to reach 100% exactly at 7 AM. So you can set the alarm whenever you want, by doing this it will know how to charge your battery in a "smart" way Winking Face
Visitor
Message 8 of 28
1,680 Views
Message 8 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

oh,thank you very much
Commissioner
Message 9 of 28
1,661 Views
Message 9 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

I have a bedside alarm clock and never use the alarm on my phone, so what now? Surely this charging feature doesn't rely on us using the phone's alarm.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 28
1,650 Views
Message 10 of 28

Re: Battery care - how it works?

no this doesnt work on my XZ - it still charges to 100% although alarm has been set right.