account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

One time poster
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

As suggested by other users here, “Battery Care” should allow us to customise the time of unplugging the charging cable.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

@MKLEUNG wrote:
As suggested by other users here, “Battery Care” should allow us to customise the time of unplugging the charging cable.

If your phone is rooted and with Xposed, then you can install BatteryCare+ to use alarm clock as the predicted unplug time.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/themes/app-batterycare-t3547695

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Nice Slightly smiling Face
And now, please Sony, we want this on non rooted phones Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Sony, why spend a lot of some fancy "learning my sleep" pattern instead of just using the set alarm time as the "ready time". Apparently most people do like I do, charge in evening and wants a fully charged phone when morning alarm rings, at least 5 working days per week. If I charge on other times of day, I normally want as much power as possible, as quickly as possible into my phone.

Simple rule: when connecting between 10PM and 5 am, use my alarm time if set, and if not use 6 hours from charger plugged in. Other times, full quick charge. That is how I work at least. Every time I use car charger -also quick charging.

Or make it configurable, to give everyone full flexibility.

But how much does keeping battery on 100% for 1 hour harm battery compared to interrupt an ongoing charge at e g 75% fully charged?

/Patrik

/Patrik

Commissioner
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

yeah xposed doesn't work with the latest sony update for some reason

One time poster
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

This is exactly how the battery management is on my BMW i3 - I set a departure time and the car finishes its battery conditioning for the time I leave - setting the alarm should so the same thing.

AI is good, but it can't get it right every time.

Rookie
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

I think the best way should be like this scenario: if battery care function is on, every time we connect phone to a charger it asks to set a time for topping up the charge level to 100%.

SONY please add this function form my XZP. 

One time poster
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Is it possible to force my xz1 compact to use battery care during the next charging process?

This would be very useful.