account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

One time poster
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: I think I need Battery Care add schedule functional

I Do love battery care, but yesterday it stopped switching itself on for no obvious reason. Some dort of sheduling or Connection with The Alarm would really be great instead of having to rely on the AI.
Regular
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Oh yes, why in he'll can't we customise the battery care? It definitely shouldn't be too hard or impossible!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Hi all,

I just want to make things clear, Battery Care does currently not make use of the alarm clock. I understand your thoughts on this though and have forwarded this as user feedback.

@Kane_1371 You don't have to go to bed and get up the exact same time every day but if no regular charging cycles can be detected, it may be difficult to get the most out of the feature. I don't have any information on how long it can take for Battery Care to learn your schedule but you will receive a notification when you connect to a charger saying that Battery Care is active. The phone will remember the collected data as long as you don't factory reset your device.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

It's a fairly useless gimmick as you have no control over it. Just buy a £4 mechanical wall socket timer and set the phone to start charging 1.5 hours before you intend getting up. I've done it that way for the past few years. The best thing Sony could have done for 'battery health' is put a bigger battery into the XZ, then we wouldn't need to charge it as often.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

For me, it's a great feature, exactly because you don't have to actively control it. It's engineered so you get the bonus of a longer battery life-cycle without having to do anything, like having to use some timer for wall socket or programming your charges. You just let the software do that all for you, automatically. Instead of wasting your time with nitpicking charging methods, you just leave it to the software so it automates that for you. Isn't it what most people want, having the technology get things done so you can have more free time?

Commissioner
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Unless you go to bed and wake up at the exact-same time every single day it seems pretty useless. If that"s the case 7 days a week then great. I'd like to know the parameters of how it works.
One time poster
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

I agree with the original poster. My battery care was working really well, until I had a set of night shifts. Now it's completely confused and keeps telling me it'll finish charging at 3am instead of 7am like it used to.

I would love the option to either link it to my alarm clock or specify a time I'd like it to finish charging.

Does anyone know, as a short term fix, if I switch off battery care while I'm nights will it work again normally when I go back to days and switch it on again? I'm hoping it only collects charge time data when it's switched on?
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Battery care is not really applicable for me at the moment but , even if you are not charging your XZ for a long period of time it notifies you occasionally that your charging will finish at a designated time. Now supposing I will let it stay connected to the AC socket. What will happen if it stays there several hours after its fully charged.?Often I seldom do long charging routine.
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

I like battery care as well Slightly smiling Face

But unfortunately it's absolutely not working on my phone (But my slepp/stand up times are always the same).

It would be great, if we have some kind of settings, for example a little menue where you have a switch between:

- set a manual time to wake-up

- or link with build in alarm clock

thanks sony support for forwarding Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Battery care is a pointless gimmick. Charge your phone on an evening before bed, or invest in a £3 mechanical wall socket timer which you can program to give your XZ 2.5 hours of charge at any time to suit.