account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to set home screen on oreo 8.0

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How to set home screen on oreo 8.0

OK, so just upgraded to Oreo 8.0.0 and did some screen sorting.

In the end I noticed the start/home screen was the 1st from the left, and having 3 of them I want the home to be the middle one.

How do we set the home screen on Oreo?

Every time I long press a blank area on the screen manager I just end up in that screen exiting the manager.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: How to set home screen on oreo 8.0

@Unregistered user

Just to add, if you have Google Feed activated, it will appear on the most-left screen, and your home screen will be always set to the one next to it. If you want to manually set a home screen then follow @Jake-SonyXperiaSupport's guide after you disable Google Feed from Xperia Home settings.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Unregistered user,

Welcome to the community,

You should be able to achieve this task by doing the following.

1. Press and hold your finger anywhere on the Home screen background

2. The panels will now show, look at the top right-hand side for a picture of a house

3. Press the house icon on the panel you wish to make your new Homescreen Default

And that's it. Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Unregistered user

Just to add, if you have Google Feed activated, it will appear on the most-left screen, and your home screen will be always set to the one next to it. If you want to manually set a home screen then follow @Jake-SonyXperiaSupport's guide after you disable Google Feed from Xperia Home settings.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Ahhh!!! That's what it was driving me mad... the home icon was missing and I couldn't understand why.

Thanks Quester, it was indeed just a matter of disabling Google Feed, now everything is back to normal.

Thank you very much Jake and specially Quester who solved the issue.

Have a very happy new year everyone!

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

No problem, @Unregistered user. Glad we could help Slightly smiling Face

Happy new year!