account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to disable low battery sound notification

Visitor
Message 91 of 102
Message 91 of 102

Re: How to disable low battery sound notification

what a result. this actually works.

you have to go into battery status, changing the settinng on low battery alerts didnt work.

thanks to

viridis  for pointing this one out. must have been included in the latest update as this option was not available before
Sony Xperia Support
Message 92 of 102
Message 92 of 102

Hi Everyone, as mentioned by @viridis, you may set the priority to Low as a workaround.

First, go to Settings, then tap Apps and notifications > App-info. Once here, Tap the menu (three vertical dots) > Show system. Then, find and tap System UI > App notifications > Battery status > Importance. Finally, tap the Low option.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 93 of 102
Message 93 of 102

Android 7.1.1 here and can not find that "Importance" and"low" option thing. 

It is incredibly, INCREDIBLY annoying to hear that loud sound at 30% and at 15% battery status. It blows my mind that you can't just simply disable it or lower the volume by one or two clicks in the battery menu. Whoever is responsible for this should rethink his life goals.

This "feature" came several months ago and since then I get nightmares just hearing the sound at night or just thinking that it will roar again just give me the shivers.

FIX THIS ASAP !

Sony Xperia Support
Message 94 of 102
Message 94 of 102

@ANNOYINGLOUDSOUND I am sorry to say that the setting for setting the importance to Low, is only available in Android 8.0. If you are running Android 7, you may disable the first low battery notification which is at 30% by going to Settings > Sound > Notification sound > none - however the only way to mute the 15% notification is to set the device to a muted mode.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 95 of 102
Message 95 of 102

This is a terrible design choice. There should be an option to turn off/mute it entirely at 15% also. Do they even test the phone themselves or just come up with these crazy ideas in an abstract plane of reality?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 96 of 102
Message 96 of 102

Hi @Boy_Interrupted, I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. Slightly frowning Face

As mentioned there are certain work arounds, such as setting the device to mute in order to mute the warning notification at 15% battery. However, I will make sure to forward your feedback internally!

One time poster
Message 97 of 102
Message 97 of 102

I can't find System UI 

on my Sony performance. 

I tried everything.

So stupid i was to buy Sony phone.

Jeeezes, how it's possible not to be able to turn off f... notification?

Visitor
Message 98 of 102
Message 98 of 102

Almost two years and Sony has yet to fix this. For competent programmer it would take maybe 15 minutes.

@Emir wrote:

Hi Everyone, as mentioned by @viridis, you may set the priority to Low as a workaround.

First, go to Settings, then tap Apps and notifications > App-info. Once here, Tap the menu (three vertical dots) > Show system. Then, find and tap System UI

There is NO System UI! I have XZ1 Compact with Android 8.

Visitor
Message 99 of 102
Message 99 of 102

@cwarky wrote:

Found myself here for same reason but I don't blame the Z5. My phone only started doing this since most recent android update. Longpress on the low battery notification and disable peeking. This can also be found in notification settings for the app System UI

Thank you! Longpress on the low battery notification helped, I finally found the battery status importance option using longpress on battery notification.

I still can't find that option from the settings but, now I know there is other way to get there.

Regular
Message 100 of 102
Message 100 of 102

You need to Tap the menu (three vertical dots) > Show system.

Screenshot_20190105-171208.png   Screenshot_20190105-171042.png   Screenshot_20190105-171251.jpg