account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to disable low battery sound notification

Apprentice
Message 1 of 102
Message 1 of 102

How to disable low battery sound notification

As stated, when the phone reachs low battery (30%), it sounds off loudy. 

Anyway to disable it?

101 REPLIES 101
Message 2 of 102
Message 2 of 102

Re: How to disable low battery sound notification

@Cerru Go into settings - battery, select stamina mode, tap on the cogwheel and change the battery percentage it kicks in.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 102
Message 3 of 102

@Cerro,your XZ low battery juice sounds at 30 %? Is it normal? Mind sounds s at 15%and pleased with such warning as it prepares me how much longer do I isebefore I recharge it.
BTW.. Does any body knows if it's perfecty acceptable to have around 2-5% battery juice left before recharging?. My usage habit enables me to get 14 hours of continuous use before I plug it to the AC out let.
Apprentice
Message 4 of 102
Message 4 of 102

All that does is giving me the option to choose at which percentage does the notification kicks in.

It does not disable the battery sound notification though.

Message 5 of 102
Message 5 of 102

Strange, low battery notification should be at 15% only if I remember correctly. 

EDIT: Will try to get more info on this, now I am confused if the percentage is 15% or 30%.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 102
Message 6 of 102

It's at 15% and again at 5%.
Xzs
Adviser
Message 7 of 102
Message 7 of 102

Mine is set at 15%, but it still sounds at 30 and asks if i want to view battery usage.. Wouldnt it be better (save more power) if the phone is quiet so that i dont pick it up and wakes it to check what the sound was about?
Message 8 of 102
Message 8 of 102

It seems that the battery warning should come up at 30% and it can't be disabled.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 102
Message 9 of 102

Mine comes on at 15% and then once more at 5%, never at 30%.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 102
Message 10 of 102

Hey @Cerru, what you're experiencing is not related to STAMINA but is a system notification. To my knowledge, the only way to make it not emit a sound is by setting you device to either silent or vibration mode.

Regarding at which battery levels the warning comes I'm afraid that I do not have any specifications, other than personal experience at 30% as well as 15%, but I will request that information internally and I'll write here once I know more! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.