account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to disable low battery sound notification

Message 81 of 102
Message 81 of 102

Re: How to disable low battery sound notification

@Tim1234 wrote:

What have other phones got to do with this. I wouldn't touch a Sony again until they sort out this issue. This issue is unique to Sony phones

Probably because you wrote "Phone returned. One less Sony customer" 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 82 of 102
Message 82 of 102

Anyway whether you returned it or you didn't.

A read of this will show you it's in no way unique to Sony and there are many discussions relating to disabling the low battery notifications. Unfortunately nearly all solutions need rooted phones as it's part of the android system.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=android+low+battery+notification&oq=android+liw+&aqs=chrome.2.69i5...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Regular
Message 83 of 102
Message 83 of 102

.but nothing is ever done about this extremely annoying but simple to resolve problem. It's driving people mad

Regular
Message 84 of 102
Message 84 of 102

That is not a solution for a user who doesn't want or can't root a phone due to it being a company mobile

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 85 of 102
Message 85 of 102

Screenshot_20171125-130219.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 86 of 102
Message 86 of 102

I agree with all the other users who have criticised the fact that it is not possible to isolate and turn off the 30% and 15% battery notifications. Crazy and unecessary feature for the majority of users / cases. 

Would Sony mind summarising where this lengthy issue has got to - i.e. please post a list of all the current possible workarounds and the limitations in each case (as kindly provided by the many users who have commented on them). Thanks. 

Regular
Message 87 of 102
Message 87 of 102

Is there any update on this?

Yet another update but still no solution. This is getting be beyond ridiculous 

Message 88 of 102
Message 88 of 102

@Tim1234 wrote:

Is there any update on this?

Yet another update but still no solution. This is getting be beyond ridiculous 

The answer was here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/How-to-disable-low-battery-sound-notification/m-p/1200977#M...

Bottom line is that a low battery notification is a core system notification, muting it WILL result in more devices dropping to 0% without users knowing and a lithium battery doesn't do so well at full discharge. Crystallization of lithium cells will occur and batteries will become much less powerful.

So I don't think they will "fix" a core android system notification.

And just FYI, the wife's S8 goes off at 30, 15, 10, 5.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 89 of 102
Message 89 of 102

Hi @MW62, I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. Slightly frowning Face My initial post can be found here:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/How-to-disable-low-battery-sound-notification/m-p/1200977#M...
However, I'll try to see if I can get information regarding if there have been changes to this in the Android 8.0 (Oreo) update.

@Tim1234 I have forwarded your feedback and thoughts in regards to this, however as I have mentioned before, please note that forwarding your feedback does not necessarily mean that there will be a change. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 90 of 102
Message 90 of 102

Try this.

Settings > Apps and notifications > App-info > three dots > Show system > System UI > App notifications > low battery notification something > importance > low