account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to disable low battery sound notification

Regular
Message 71 of 102
Message 71 of 102

Re: How to disable low battery sound notification

So the new oreo system is released but this ducking annoying battery notification still beeps at 30 and 15%. Don't Sony listen. I will be returning the handset because of this. Nearly 2 years and nothing has been done. To make matters even worse under system ui notification settings there is an option for battery status make sound which is greyed out so you can't change the setting. Why oh why oh why Sony .why do you not give freedom to users to change this setting.you are loosing customers as a result. The setting is there!!

Anyway no point in wasting mythod. Sony don't listen and phone being returned tomorrow 

Regular
Message 72 of 102
Message 72 of 102

Phone returned. One less Sony customer.

Such a simple solution but no action taken by Sony.

This thread is 8 pages long and many other threads exist on this topic.

Not really asking for much.

I am on call at night so can't have my phone on silent and need the phone near me. Every time my battery reaches 30 or 15% I get woken. Driving me nuts for years. Had to switch brands as a result

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 73 of 102
Message 73 of 102

Hi @Tim1234, I am very sorry to hear that you feel that way. Slightly frowning Face

When you had your Xperia, did you have the opportunity to try the Priority only mode? This way, the device will be in silent mode, but you can choose specific contacts to still be audible in addition to other notifications such as messages, reminders and events. This would allow you to sleep without being woken up by system notifications, but still be available for calls.

I hope that you decide to give Xperia devices another shot in the future. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 74 of 102
Message 74 of 102

It would be a lot more simple for Sony to give you the option to disable pointless battery notifications that annoyingly beep at 15 and 30%. Surely this is not much to ask. I won't be  touching Sony for now. I can't be dealing with these stupid alerts on a daily basis. I am quite aware of how much battery I have. It is displayed on the screen. I don't need an alert to be reminded.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 75 of 102
Message 75 of 102

I understand how you feel, I'll make sure to forward it internally as user feedback. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 76 of 102
Message 76 of 102

We have been hearing this for years. The option to disable this is visible on the new oreo operating system. Under apps and notifications >app info for system ui there is an option for various notifications for low battery alerts. This is greyed out. Why o why restrict this. This is absolutely ridiculous . People don't want this. Let us change this or you will be loosing more customers. This is so annoying

Message 77 of 102
Message 77 of 102

@Tim1234

Returned your phone, I heard? What is your new phone's model and how is this brand handling the low battery notification? Just curious.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 78 of 102
Message 78 of 102

@Quester wrote:

@Tim1234

Returned your phone, I heard? What is your new phone's model and how is this brand handling the low battery notification? Just curious.

Interesting.....

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 79 of 102
Message 79 of 102

What have other phones got to do with this. I wouldn't touch a Sony again until they sort out this issue. This issue is unique to Sony phones

Sony Xperia Support
Message 80 of 102
Message 80 of 102

Hi again @Tim1234, please rest assured that your user feedback has been forwarded.

I do not have information if this behaviour is exclusive to Xperia devices or not, but I will try to see if I can get some more information regarding that and let you know as soon as I know more.