account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to disable low battery sound notification

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 102
Message 11 of 102

Re: How to disable low battery sound notification

Hello everyone, got some information for you guys!

A low battery notification is displayed when the battery level decreases to 30% of its capacity. If the battery level continues to drop, a second notification is displayed when it reaches 15%.

If the Notification sound is set as None, the sound will be disabled for the first low battery notification (30%) but not for the second (15%). If the device is muted the notification sound is disabled at both battery levels.

How to set the Notification sound to None

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Sound > Notification sound.
  3. Find and select None.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 12 of 102
Message 12 of 102

This will mute all notification sounds so doesn't really help. Since the android 7 update every time battery hits 30% the default notification sounds. So annoying and no way of muting it.
Commissioner
Message 13 of 102
Message 13 of 102

In my experience if my xz is in normal mode, the battery warning will sound at 30 %, but if in stamina mode it sounds at 15 %
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 102
Message 14 of 102

I'll test out the behaviour in STAMINA mode and report back, give me a short while - I'll be right back! Slightly smiling Face @trashcan

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 102
Message 15 of 102

While in STAMINA I did not receive a notification at 30%, so I would say that it's expected behaviour in this case. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 16 of 102
Message 16 of 102

Please do something about this. I don't want STAMINA mode and really don't want to have all this irritating notification sounds.. I will throw my phone in to the wall and buy a Samsung if you don't fix this in the next update..
One time poster
Message 17 of 102
Message 17 of 102

I agree on this! The low battery sound at 30% is insanly loud and completely unnecesary as there is an battery indicator on the top of the screen at all time. Wakes up the whole building in the middle of the night! I tried to turn of the notification sound, but then I don't get sound when I get sms or mms. Idiotic! Fix this!

Forum Legend
Message 18 of 102
Message 18 of 102

as far as i know, all android devices doesnt allow changing of low battery notification. not sure though

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 102
Message 19 of 102

I understand your concern regarding the feature, and please rest assured that I will forward it internally on your behalf as user feedback.

I'm afraid that I can only refer to my workarounds in my previous post, but I understand that it may be inconvenient for some users as it may have an impact on normal notifications.

One time poster
Message 20 of 102
Message 20 of 102

I got here for the same reason, please fix this asap. it's very annoying