account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Bluetooth LDAC audio signal

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 58
Message 51 of 58

Re: Horrible Bluetooth LDAC audio signal

Same thing here. I had to select priority mode in connection on both my mdr-1000x and my sbs xb-3. In short, to not listen to music with jumps in the reproduction, I had to happen to listen in SBC. Note, I use a Xperia X

This setting to change from Ldac, aptx or AAC to sbc only, should be done on each device individually, so it is good to look at the manual through the Sony support website, as these settings generally do not come in the printed manual.

My Xperia x just received an update (34.3.A.0.228) and it looks like the problem with LDAC is apparently solved. I returned my mdr-1000x for audio priority and in Xperia I did the same thing, and I'm browsing, editing things on the device, without any gagging, while I listen to a hi res album. Just need to do the same test in my sbs xb-3 sound box, but so far I am very satisfied.

Learner
Message 52 of 58
Message 52 of 58

In fact, the LDAC connection is better, for this the wifi connection loses quality, I did a connection test and when I am with my headset connected in LDAC, the speed of the wireless connection drops dramatically, and when I select for sbc only, the speed of the wifi connection returns to high.Screenshot_20170921-210255.png

One time poster
Message 53 of 58
Message 53 of 58

The Last compilation fix the ldac problem? (32.4.a.1.54)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 54 of 58
Message 54 of 58

Hi Everyone,

You may have experienced strange audio connectivity behaviour when connecting your Xperia device to a Bluetooth headset using LDAC enhanced Bluetooth technology. For example, audio may suddenly cut out and then resume.  

The LDAC connectivity behaviour have been addressed in upcoming releases of updated Android 8.0 (Oreo) software versions. These software versions include solutions that may solve any unexpected LDAC-related behaviour. 

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 55 of 58
Message 55 of 58

What about Xperia Z5? Is it doomed to have issues with LDAC enabled audio devices? 

By not fixing that bug Sony discourages Z5 owners from buying Sony headphones and other audio gear with LDAC support, which sounds absurd at my point of view. . 

Learner
Message 56 of 58
Message 56 of 58

If anyone with a problematic Z5 device is interested in a group legal case against Sony regarding their obvious breach of the European Union's Directive on Unfair Commercial Practices, let me know. I am seriously considering this at this point.

Sony, your unfair and unlawful marketing is a big middle finger in your loyal customer's faces. You know what? Right back at you, Sony.

Adviser
Message 57 of 58
Message 57 of 58

I have given up and gone back to an iPhone.

The basic Bluetooth connectivity and signal strength is streets ah4ad of the Sony. It is such a pleasure to be able to simply connect with no issues, no dropout and no random disconnects and phone reboots.

Sony, you should be ashamed!

One time poster
Message 58 of 58
Message 58 of 58

This is a huge problem. I can make the problem go away if I do the following:

1. Remove Sony Music Center App. 

2. Turn of Location Services (changing the mode or disabling location on individual apps does not seem to help - Location must be off completely).

With these two changes, LDAC works flawlessly in "Sound Quality Preferred" mode, and it sounds great!

With this info, I think Sony's engineers can track down the problem and fix it. It should be fixed for Android 7 as well as 8, so that it's fixed for those phones that won't get the Oreo update.