account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Google services

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Google services

I recently got an Xperia XZ from China, however i am having two problems. The first is that when i got the phone there was no Google services nor Google play; I have tried to download them and install but Google Playstore is not opening it just keeps on loading and the Gmail application wont allow me to enter my Google account but other email hosts open on it, eg Yahoo. The last is there is a Sony Browser which is in Chinese, I cannot uninstall it or disable it even.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Google services

@Gwatex

As far as I know, most Google services are banned in China (search the internet about it) . If you bought it from China, the software version does not include google play etc. I think you have two options: either send it back and get your money or flash it and install a software version of your country / region (search the internet on how to do it). 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Google services

@Gwatex

As far as I know, most Google services are banned in China (search the internet about it) . If you bought it from China, the software version does not include google play etc. I think you have two options: either send it back and get your money or flash it and install a software version of your country / region (search the internet on how to do it).