account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Fingerprint scanner Axon M?

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint scanner Axon M?

I know it's a different brand but come on, its almost identical to the position and power button at the same time. If they did it why can't Sony do it for their US version xperia phones? Enough the with lame excuses and start addressing this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fingerprint scanner Axon M?

I too am curious as to why Sony release their products with biometric (fingerprint) scanners in every country except North America... But Sony won't even tell the media why this is, so I highly doubt they're going to address this issue with us "peasants" here in their Community Forums, @Kaiserjeff1986.

But still, it would be nice to know...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

😂 "peasants" I know how to flash the firmware for the UK or CE1 and this will enable the fingerprint scanner but somehow my signal is down 1-2 bars at most so I switched back to the US firmware and my signal went full bars again. I'm with tmobile and they just broadcast their band 12 700mhz here in Vegas and only with US firmware can I get full bar... I'm still wondering why Sony won't give us that very important feature of the phone? 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The Razer phone as well got the same fingerprint scanner position and power button.