account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Finding the trash bin in Xperia xz oreo

Commissioner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Finding the trash bin in Xperia xz oreo

Greetings guys.. I really had difficulty in finding the recycle or trash bin of the XZ oreo so I can permanently delete files. I have to free up my storage space  Can some one guide me how to do it.? 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Finding the trash bin in Xperia xz oreo

@trashcan yep, you need to tap longer on an app and you should get the uninstall option. You can do it as well from settings - apps and notifications (note: not all apps can be removed, some can be only disabled and their data removed).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Alexdon.. It's not an app but the recycle bin I want to empty as I have watched and deleted movies and the action decreases the free storage space of this phone hard drive. Can someone know how to do this.? 

Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Deleted? Then they are gone. Were you watching through an app? 

Using a file explorer you should be able to find them.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

How come it's gone.. When the video existed and then deleted them its expected to go into the phones recycle bin.. Unless you empty the recycle bin then you will know that the phone free storage space gets bigger just like in the PC hard drive. its does not really matter if you open it with an app like VLC. My issue is just to locate the Xperia xz recycle bin that is already be loaded with deleted files and empty it. Simple as that... Now can anybody have a nifty solution for this instead of arguing about it? 

Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@trashcanNo one is arguing, a small search would have brought you similar results:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M4-Aqua/Recycle-bin/m-p/1198004#M10725

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Recover-deleted-files-on-xperia-z-series-phones-with-no...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

No.. I did not get the a Satisfactory answer to my question .. 

Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@trashcan I am sorry but I did not design the operating system.

You can forward your ideas to the Local support.

Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

@trashcanas @alexdon has already mentioned, Android doesn't have a trash bin functionality. deleted files disappear permanently with no step inbetween and no way to restore them.

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I have the same issue, when I press to delete a photograph a box comes up with the words "Your devices bin is full. If you delete this item, it will be removed permanantly from your device & account" so how can this bin be emptied? Surely there is a way.