account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to wake not working properly

Commissioner
Message 121 of 145
Message 121 of 145

Re: Double tap to wake not working properly

Sometimes double tap to wake works if you breathe on the screen, sometimes with a double tap, sometimes with 30 taps, sometimes if you pick the phone up & give it a shake before utilising six to seven double taps, and sometimes it doesn't work at all. A quality feature I think you'll agree and after three+ months with no fix I doubt if it will ever be sorted. Sony will be working on their next batch of phones now.
Learner
Message 122 of 145
Message 122 of 145

One fingertip to tap on screen and one fingertip to fingerprint unlock Face with stuck-out Tongue

One time poster
Message 123 of 145
Message 123 of 145

Same here. Double tap wake up problem.. 1 out of 3 time.. Other is impressive.
One time poster
Message 124 of 145
Message 124 of 145

Really bugging me, my z5 works perfectly but my new today xz only works after about 20 taps! Seriously think about returning the phone, shame on you Sony this has been an issue for quite a time according to the Web with no known fix, just what is going on??
Talent
Message 125 of 145
Message 125 of 145

sony are ignoring this and the poor camera, to be honest I wish id kept my Xperia Z5 and not spent £549 on a device im not happy with, especially when ive had it since October the day it was released and we are in January and no fixes for the camera or double tap, there are enough people with the same problem, Sony should be offering an exchange or a re call if some unit's are defective
Commissioner
Message 126 of 145
Message 126 of 145

Hear hear. Who else thought this issue would be patched very quickly? If it's a hardware issue then there should be a recall and new phones sent out in the post.
Enthusiast
Message 127 of 145
Message 127 of 145

Yes finaly! 39.2.a.0.386 update yesterday. And we got security patch januari. Thank you sooo much sony NOT to solve the double tap issue after 2 or 3 minor updates until now. Just gotta love it ..!..
Do they realy do something with there feedback?????
Regular
Message 128 of 145
Message 128 of 145

I though I am the only one who face this problem, when I use my Z3, double tap to wake works 100%. However, XZ can't do this
Adviser
Message 129 of 145
Message 129 of 145

For those who upgraded to build 386, is the double tap to wake problem solved?
Enthusiast
Message 130 of 145
Message 130 of 145

Not solved.