account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to wake not working properly

Inhabitant
Message 21 of 145
Message 21 of 145

Re: Double tap to wake not working properly

I have also sent a log to Richard as well.

Commissioner
Message 22 of 145
Message 22 of 145

So are we keeping our phones and assuming that Sony will fix this via a software update, or are we to assume they're faulty seeing how some people report having zero issues with tap to wake?
Enthusiast
Message 23 of 145
Message 23 of 145

I'll be waiting to hear back from Rickard before thinking of having phone replaced, but like you mention some have no issues.

In the meantime, if I get a chance over next day or two ill be trying a Factory data reset to see if this helps as not tried yet, only a software repair so far.

Has anyone tried a factory data reset yet?
Commissioner
Message 24 of 145
Message 24 of 145

Hum... That's not cool, but since hits only some units and not others big chance it's software only. I'll escalate that issue to SM Europe!

Commissioner
Message 25 of 145
Message 25 of 145

I've done two factory resets with zero improvement.
Talent
Message 26 of 145
Message 26 of 145

I have the exact same issue.. Double tap to sleep works perfectly but when trying to wake the device using double tap it just doesn't response and has to be tapped a random amount of times to wake! :@ it's got to be software related as double tap to sleep works perfectly
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 145
Message 27 of 145

Hi sunking101, just to clarify as in factory resets using this option from within phone under 'backup & reset'?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 145
Message 28 of 145

Thanks for sending me logs!

I have forwarded them internally and i will update you as soon as i have information on what could cause this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 29 of 145
Message 29 of 145

@Antcw
Yes,, two full data resets to factory settings made zero difference.
Commissioner
Message 30 of 145
Message 30 of 145

I expect the logs will just show normal access and not the 10-20 failed attempts to double-tap. The screen isn't registering the taps so I doubt any faults are being registered either?