account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to wake not working properly

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 131 of 145
Message 131 of 145

Re: Double tap to wake not working properly

The most basic and obvious of issues, still not patched over three months after release. Shocking.
Adviser
Message 132 of 145
Message 132 of 145

Bummed to know it's not been fixed. This really affects the user experience on an otherwise good phone. I wonder how long they will make us wait for a solution, or if they will even bother to fix it
Enthusiast
Message 133 of 145
Message 133 of 145

Same here, unfortunately... Just bought Xperia XZ, put the latest Nougat build. Tap to wake works very bad. We have several other Sony Android devices at home, so definitely we have something to compare to. Something is wrong with XZ...
One time poster
Message 134 of 145
Message 134 of 145

So sad to experience such a disappointing issue. My old Z 3 was just fine. I really hope that Sony will be able to solve the problem. Hope!
Enthusiast
Message 135 of 145
Message 135 of 145

Great news!i tested atleast 30times double tap and all 30 attemps did fine.New update 39.2.a.0.417 fixed double tap this time!!!. Finaly Sony! :-) nice!
Regular
Message 136 of 145
Message 136 of 145

yes I too can confirm the Double tap to wake is fixed in the new update, Slightly smiling Face what about the camera?
Enthusiast
Message 137 of 145
Message 137 of 145

No improvement on Camera,same 2.0.0 version. So i dont think it got updated.
Commissioner
Message 138 of 145
Message 138 of 145

Has the lag gone and the bluetooth issues? Marshmallow to me is quicker and more fluid than Nougat on my friend's XZ.
Enthusiast
Message 139 of 145
Message 139 of 145

I did not got Bluetooth issues or WiFi problems. Only double tap was a big issue.I'm happy that is solved. My phone runs perfect now :-)
Adept
Message 140 of 145
Message 140 of 145

For those who updated their phones to the 39.2.A.0.417 build, does it also fix the "Phone Idle" battery drain too?