account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Double tap to wake not working properly

Enthusiast
Message 111 of 145
Message 111 of 145

Re: Double tap to wake not working properly

Still very unlikely. One out of ten attempts works. With my old Z3 compact I get ten out of ten.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 112 of 145
Message 112 of 145

I have forwarded all your feedback on this internally and the latest information i have is that your concerns have been raised to the responsible party within Sony Mobile and we will endeavor to provide a solution.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 113 of 145
Message 113 of 145

Thank You Rickard ....Appreciate your help 

If you pass all the suggestions to Sony from members of this forum ...I think Sony will really do well ... Please consider this request ... there no. of issues and suggestions and you are well aware of that as well Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 114 of 145
Message 114 of 145

Happy New Year to All!

I hope 2017 gives the answer for this problem. Its taking too long.

One time poster
Message 115 of 145
Message 115 of 145

Looking forward to a solution ASAP. Thank you!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 116 of 145
Message 116 of 145

Xperia XZ Double Tap Disaster

Hi All

I have F8331 Xperia XZ on latest build 39.2.A.0.374 (Android 7.0).  I've had two updates since I purchased it in early Dec but since day 1 ... double tap to wake randomly works.

No difference when started up in Safe Mode, no difference with or without screen protector.  I've done all the checks but refuse to run a SW repair as recommended by Sony as its clear with the many posts online that its a SW defect that needs a correction and not a re-install of the SW.

Anyone else have any luck getting answers from Sony on this.  I'll give it one more week and then its onto Consumer Affairs, a refund and Google Pixel.

Enthusiast
Message 117 of 145
Message 117 of 145

I agree with that. Its just the same after 2 new updates.its to much with this phone. My z3c was flawless compared with this one.Sony want to be the first to release 7.1 updates before other brands,realy? the last thing on my mind, get the problems fixed before release a other joke update. The xz got released 4months ago and allready got so many complaints. After the 7.1 will be released and camera not get a fix and this wake up problem and many others issues in the post, im going for the xiaomi mi5s.it even got better specs and revieuw.not to mention the camera,grain and blurfree corners 12mp. And only 350$. I dont believe in sony anymore. To bad most Xz owners get screwed this way
Enthusiast
Message 118 of 145
Message 118 of 145

Still very unreliable. It is almost never working, even with three or more long or short tabs. What about the promised fix?
Learner
Message 119 of 145
Message 119 of 145

Ive discovered that if i wet my fingertip just a little bit then it woks most of the time. Try it and see if that helps.

Enthusiast
Message 120 of 145
Message 120 of 145

funny :-) So thats the solution that gonna save sony to fix the bug finaly. We just need a wet fingertip and it all be good :-D. Afterwards we need to dry it again if we want unlock fingerprint.