account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to wake not working properly

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 101 of 145
Message 101 of 145

Re: Double tap to wake not working properly

It doesn't work fine for me by any stretch.
Forum Legend
Message 102 of 145
Message 102 of 145

as the sony staff said, they already are investigating this, they fixed the sensor fail on xperia X performance with a software update, we'll hopefully receive the same treatment, after all we use the flagship device...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 103 of 145
Message 103 of 145

I have the same issue.

Interesting enough, see if you guys can give this a try: turn your phone upside down and double tap the screen.

Odd enough, this has worked for me 90% of the time. I'm curious to know if there's a bug in the software logic that and the sensor reading switched.

Apprentice
Message 104 of 145
Message 104 of 145

Went back to the store today and got a new XZ because "double tap to wake" didn't work (but "double tap to sleep" worked every time).

The new phone is working better with "double tap to wake" but it doesn't work at all with "double tap to sleep".

How can it be?

39.0.A.1.250 on both.

What's going on?! Is it a hardware or software problem? Should I go and change this phone as well?

Commissioner
Message 105 of 145
Message 105 of 145

Sigh. Apparently the Nougat update hasn't fixed this problem. So I'm to assume that the double tap to wake feature will never work properly for the life of the phone.
Regular
Message 106 of 145
Message 106 of 145

I can't believe Nougat update dosn't fix the issue. it's either sony still hasn't learnt about the issue or it's hardware fault.

Enthusiast
Message 107 of 145
Message 107 of 145

I hope they get these complaints. My believe they will fix with a other OTA soon with some fixes and improvements.i remember my old z3c got 3 mm updates. Im not sure but seems camera blur in left corner seems to be reduced in the XZ. I hope they fix the wake up fast enough. Its pretty anoing
Enthusiast
Message 108 of 145
Message 108 of 145

I had the same issue with my xz, until I read on one of the other threads that if you do the double tap slower it will work, I found it works every time now

Regular
Message 109 of 145
Message 109 of 145

Anyone has managed to slove the issue (after update)?

Learner
Message 110 of 145
Message 110 of 145

Have you try charging with slot sim taken?