account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Disappointed with the Oreo software on my XZ!

Talent
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Disappointed with the Oreo software on my XZ!

Im so disappointed with Oreo. I wasn't expecting a lot more BUT I definitely wasn't expecting my phone to lag so much or for the apps to constantly crash in the background and when I'm actually using them. 

I hate the new settings layout ETC, ETC..... 😯😔

TINA
--❌--
16 REPLIES 16
Apprentice
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Disappointed with the Oreo software on my XZ!

Agree. Everything becomes slow, even loading a page. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Yup, causes some issues for me too. Have you tried using the phones visual voicemail? Mine forces the phone services to crash if I tried to listen to my voicemail and will restart the network. It will eject the Sim and detect again. It's very annoying.

Learner
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Everything becomes slow and.,battery is draining fast even not using., with lowest brightness and almost silent features., i dont know what to do anymore Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Yes,update is terrible.I hve two reboot device,like i have two launcher,but dont have.

Alarm is confussing,we dont have melody for sms,and other for notification!

Xperia XZ premium have some great things,here on XZ nothing!

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

I think the update made my phone much smoother than it was on 7.1.1

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Exactly the same. Some programs lag terribly and it definitely loses battery quicker. Wish I hadn't updated now. 

Talent
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Marinac: The alarm is confusing! I didn't realise that we dont have the separate melody's for SMS & notification...

TINA
--❌--
Talent
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Kaiserjeff1986: What's the visual voicemail!? Please 😯

TINA
--❌--
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

On your home screen open the xperias phone shortcut and there should be 4 tabs. Starting on the left is fav contacts next is missed/received calls, contacts and then the finally on the very right is your visual voicemail tab. That is where your voicemails will go instead of holding the number 1 and calling your voicemail box, this is better but somehow the latest update is causing an issue with this useful feature of the phone and that is just one of many issues right now.