account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Deleting call from call log

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Deleting call from call log

After updating the latest softeware yesterday, I can no longer delete an individual call from the log.

Previously, I held my finger on the required call and an option to delete appeared. Now, the only options are copy, edit or block number.

Deleting text messages in this way still works!

Anyone got any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Deleting call from call log

Click on number, then select "call details"
Then hit the bin in top right corner

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Click on number, then select "call details"
Then hit the bin in top right corner

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Great thanks!

Shame its not the old way. Why remove the old funcunality I wonder?

Cheers.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Hi @Floridaboy,

As @viridis pointed out this has been changed in Android 7.0. I'm afraid I don't have any information as to why this has changed but I will forward your opinion about this as user feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

CCX
One time poster
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

But for local calls, there are "Copy Number", "Edit Number before call", and "Block number"

How can I delete them from call log?

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

If you at android 7.0 tap on log then select call detail, in new window you see a recycle bin icon at top-right

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Hi @CCX,

Where you able to find where you delete a call from the call log? Please let me know if it's still unclear and I'll do my best to assist you. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

As far as any android user is concerned ,software of any kind should be user friendly ,surprisingly Sony sometimes over look this ,at the time when Sony had to put its own software for the feature phones in the pre-andriod era ,that was not the case at all but later with andiod we (Sony users ) ran to stuff like that every now and then

One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Thank You very much !!! It's a great help !!!

Vladimir Rubezhin
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Hello

thanks very much for the information. One more question is it not possible to delete all calls at the same time instead of one by one. Takes so long. Thanks again for your help

Juliefer06