account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Crack in Body - is it still water proof?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Crack in Body - is it still water proof?

Hello!

I don't have a Sony Store near me. But I have a hairline crack in the body of my Xperia XZ. I initially bought this phone because it is water proof. 

I have attached some pictures of the crack. It's by the power button. It's a very small crack, I only noticed it recently when I removed my case.

If it is no longer water resistant, how can I go about finding my warranty? I used to be able to find it under a menu on my phone, but for some reason I cannot find that any longer, and I've lost my receipt. I had 10 months warranty and it's been a maximum of 6 months since I got this phone.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Here are the pictures:

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Regards,

Brigitte

1 REPLY 1
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Crack in Body - is it still water proof?

settings > system > about phone > support > information (the last choice is on the bottom of the screen, third option from the left) 

p.s. there used to be a diagnostic check which measured the internal pressure of the phone - you simply applied gentle pressure to the screen to ascertain whether the water resistance had been compromised.....