account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Corrupt sd card

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Corrupt sd card

Experia XZ

I pressed reset when I thought I pressed power off, as I removed my sd card my phone came back on and my sd card is corrupt. 

It says in my notification bar "tap to fix" but when I tap it just goes back to my main screen. Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Corrupt sd card

It does indeed, I am sorry Slightly frowning Face

You should be able to re-format it and use it again, but be careful. Make sure you make backups every so often just in case.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Birtyartus, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Can you please test the SD card in another device? Preferably an SD card reader in a computer if you have access to one.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, 

I tried it today in a card reader in my PC and it pops up when I plug it in then it disappears I've even looked online and got the just for command prompt but that didn't work either. 

I think it's well and truly gone. 

Thanks anyway 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

It does indeed, I am sorry Slightly frowning Face

You should be able to re-format it and use it again, but be careful. Make sure you make backups every so often just in case.

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Tried reformatting using the phone - no effect.  Tried Software Repair using Xperia Companion on a connected Pc - still says corrupted.  Purchased a new SDXC card -still says corrupted.   What next?  The problem is clearly in the updated OS -Android 6.

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I've got the same problem as above.  Updated the OS on my Xperia C5 Ultra Dual this morning, and apart from having to spend six hours completely rebuilding the phone as a result, my SD card has been flagged by the phone as corrupt ever since.  I've tried repeatedly to reformat on the phone but the problem remains.  Put the SD card in the computer to back up before I started and was read fine, so have saved all data.  Also bought new, Sandisk SD card to try, that is also apparently corrupt, and can't be formatted.  It's clearly the disastrous software update that has caused this, so what's the fix?  Won't be buying Sony again, BTW, after this experience.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I formated my phone with PC Companion within the SD card... After this my SD card is corrupted and cannot be formated in the phone nor in the computer, I tried regular format of windows, also by commands on CMD admin mode and by a 3th party SW, however, none of these resolves the issue...

Even If I delete card files, once I refresh the window all the files come back...

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello, old Sony phones were awesome..... I have now, Sony Xperia XA Ultra and having troubles....:

1. Photos are broken coloured in DCIM, Bluetooth folder etc (first photos were taken fine, after putting SD, I ithink, they are broken with grey scratches, glitches, I have examples below).

2. This phone is suppossed to be cappable with SD card up to 250GB, but I had 8GB. When I desided to 'upgrade' to SD 16GB, since then it says that SD card is broken and it has to be formated. I back up files, format, error again, format, error again.... I go to format manually from PC and SD is write protected..../??? Why?? 

DSC_0046_1.JPGGrey glitchalpha_bern_cows.jpgcolour problemDSC_0154.JPGDSC_0381.JPGglitchimage-0-02-05-f9e2f69723b22fddf34c87b4c63698237af8cd898b08cd4d9bfd94acba651f9f-V.jpg