account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Constant red light on the front side of the phone

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

I bought this phone 2 days ago .. I'm noticing there is a constant red light right side of the Sony logo (in the sensor area i suppose). No I'm not talking about the led notification light. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Re: Constant red light on the front side of the phone

That's because you have automatic brightness enabled.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

24 REPLIES 24
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

It's in one of the proximity sensors... Not sure why it's always on
Highlighted
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

That's because you have automatic brightness enabled.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Yeah i just figured... I never noticed in any of my previous phones that's why i was confused
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

This is a new feature on the x generation and makes the sensor really snappy, adjusting brightness on the go and really efficiently. 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Thanks for the info Alex... My last xperia was Z... N then i switched to Moto .. Now finally back to Sony again ...
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Good to have you back with Sony! I hope you enjoy the device. 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Really enjoying xz.. Read some good reviews as well... My only complain is with the battery... Sony was a beast in this department z3 is still the battery king... Xz feels like a step back Slightly frowning Face
Commissioner
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Yeah the battery life is lousy. I get more out of my 2010 iPhone 4 which is still on the original battery.
I'm giving my XZ two full charges a day and that isn't going to make the non-removable battery last very long.
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Please don't go offtopic here, there are other threads on battery life.