account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Changing message notification tone since oreo update

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 60
Message 11 of 60

Re: Changing message notification tone since oreo update

@ermond12, you're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and have a great day! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 60
Message 12 of 60

Slightly smiling Facemerci ça m'aide vraiment

thank you that really helps me

GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 60
Message 13 of 60

Hi @Messagerie, welcome to our forum and you're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 14 of 60
Message 14 of 60

Hello. I hope you can help. I have the galaxy s8. Yesterday, I did a system update to the oreo software and now I don't have the option to set individual text message tones for individual contacts. Before the update I had different text message notifications/ringtone for different contacts but now the option is gone  The option used to be available when you edit a contact. It was an option right below the "ringtone" option.  I can still set separate ringtone for individual contacts but not individual text message tones. Please help if you can!  I'm so frustrated! 

One time poster
Message 15 of 60
Message 15 of 60

I have the same issue. Would love to know if there is a solution!!! I want my individualized text tones back.

Learner
Message 16 of 60
Message 16 of 60

I can't change my personal notification tones either. Please help. I need to have this option to know whose texting and whether it's critical or not.

One time poster
Message 17 of 60
Message 17 of 60

Ok, that covers changing the general message tone but what about individualized tones for certain people? I liked having a certain text tone for when a relative texted me and now that's gone as far as I can find.

Learner
Message 18 of 60
Message 18 of 60

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Samsung and there is no solution except to remove the update. They removed that option with the Oreo update. I chose to download a new messaging application. I used Textra and I now have my individualized message tones back. Shame on Samsung!!! Hope this helps

Emperor
Message 19 of 60
Message 19 of 60

@Helpful

Samsung?

This is a Sony Mobile forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 20 of 60
Message 20 of 60

Still has to do with the oreo update