account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Changing message notification tone since oreo update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 51 of 60
Message 51 of 60

Re: Changing message notification tone since oreo update

I tried doing this but every time i choose a sound and hit "Done", an error message saying "Settings has stopped" will appear.

How can I change it if the error keeps on appearing...

One time poster
Message 52 of 60
Message 52 of 60

I can not change the sound on my phone (can it be because it's an Samsung?) 

One time poster
Message 53 of 60
Message 53 of 60

I am trying toget tje notification sonud and my email sound are diffrent and I did it before on my last phone . ut stuck on tbis one I have an LG style 3 plus can some one help me

Learner
Message 54 of 60
Message 54 of 60

I have tried doing this exactly as you have suggested yet even with it all set to make a sound i get nothing at all for either sms or email yet i get the notification sounds for everything else, yes my fone is up todate with all updates its only since latest updates that its all stopped

One time poster
Message 55 of 60
Message 55 of 60

This is what I get when I follow your instructions Screenshot_20190105-110608.png

I can't make my notification sound different to. My text sound 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 56 of 60
Message 56 of 60

Thank you for the tutorial of all.

Merci pour le tutoriel de tous.

@mingo21 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

One time poster
Message 57 of 60
Message 57 of 60

I want to have separate text tones for my dual sims. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 58 of 60
Message 58 of 60

Hi @a_b_d, welcome to our forum!

There is no setting for this in the pre-installed Messaging application, so you will need to look for a different one in the Google Play store that may have this feature.

There should be plenty of options to choose from if you just search for "messaging", "text message" or similar!

I hope that helps and let me know if you find an application that you like! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 59 of 60
Message 59 of 60

Good evening

I am having difficulty in setting a texto sound on my sony xperia. I have followed all the instructions but when in app notifications cannot find the sound option Please help Thank you

Sony Xperia Support
Message 60 of 60
Message 60 of 60

Hi @juliefer06, welcome to our forum!

Which device do you have? You can find this information in Settings > (System) > About phone.

Why I'm asking is because some of our devices that are upgraded to Android Oreo is using the old messaging application and some are using the Android Messages application.

Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messaging > App notifications >  Messages (under categories) >  Sound.

Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messages > App notifications > Other notifications > Sound.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.